Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 03-28-2012, 02:22 PM   #1
Ensign

Home Port: Riga
Default Europe to Caribbean/else summer 2012

First of all, hello to everybody!

This summer I'm going to Slovakia in july for approx. a month, then my plan is to get to a year-round warm place somewhere in the Caribbean. I'll have only my backpack and possibly a friend with me (she's not yet sure).

Don't have any specific skills regarding sailing, and have spent only one day on anything that resembles a ship. But I'm a quick learner and very ambitious when it comes to new and adventurous things. Problems of mechanical (not engine) kind really get me going, so does the need for improvisation. I'm good with IT, although that is not relevant for this experience, so I'm willing to help with whatever I can/could, for the ride.

I might add that Caribbean is not the only, although preferable, destination I have in mind. Brasil or some remote island might work as well. It all depends, you know.

If you have any questions, would like a skype conversation or anything else, please let me know.

P.S. - I haven't the idea which port would be the best to search for the ride in those summer months if won't find my luck here - any advice on that, guys?

Old 03-28-2012, 02:24 PM   #2
Ensign

Home Port: Riga

Could a moderator please change my topic name to: Europe to Caribbean/else summer 2012