Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Crew Positions Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 08-13-2011, 01:11 AM   #1
Ensign

Hi. I'm a fair cook, sailor with little experience (day-sails only), clean deckhand and all-round good company.

Am a professional salsa dance teacher, happy to give lessons, also a decent FIDE-rated chess player, MA Literature/Philosophy grad and cheery conversationalist. Am English, but also speak Spanish and speak/write a little Arabic.

I've travelled the world, and lived in Havana and Cairo - I know what to expect of on-board conditions and third-world countries, and am a laid-back and cheerful travel companion.

I don't quite know how to say this tactfully, so I'll go for bluntly, lol...please don't expect any onboard 'romance' etc. Think of me like a sister or best male friend.

I have a chunk of free time between the end of August and beginning of December, which I'd like to fill improving my sailing skills and island-hopping somewhere sunny with good beaches.

I'm sorry, but I'm not up for long ocean crossings or driving rain - other than that I'm easy-going. Thanks.

Amanda

Old 10-30-2011, 12:25 PM   #2
Ensign

Hi

I am leaving from Cape Town South Africa, to Tortola in the Caribbean.

Leaving approximately the 7th November and expect to be in Tortola Toward the end of December.

Crew needs to cover their own costs of joining and repatriation to and from the vessel. Have the necessary travel documents

(visa's - if required) and cover their own shore going expenses. Meals and accommodation will be supplied while onboard.

Regards

Gary malgazz at telkomsa dot net

Quote:
Originally Posted by trulymadlysalsa View Post

Hi. I'm a fair cook, sailor with little experience (day-sails only), clean deckhand and all-round good company.

Am a professional salsa dance teacher, happy to give lessons, also a decent FIDE-rated chess player, MA Literature/Philosophy grad and cheery conversationalist. Am English, but also speak Spanish and speak/write a little Arabic.

I've travelled the world, and lived in Havana and Cairo - I know what to expect of on-board conditions and third-world countries, and am a laid-back and cheerful travel companion.

I don't quite know how to say this tactfully, so I'll go for bluntly, lol...please don't expect any onboard 'romance' etc. Think of me like a sister or best male friend.

I have a chunk of free time between the end of August and beginning of December, which I'd like to fill improving my sailing skills and island-hopping somewhere sunny with good beaches.

I'm sorry, but I'm not up for long ocean crossings or driving rain - other than that I'm easy-going. Thanks.

Amanda

Old 02-14-2012, 06:44 PM   #3
Ensign

Home Port: Shannon
Vessel Name: Athena
Send a message via Skype™ to Solo9

Hi trulymadlysalsa!
Your thread is old, so I don't know if you'll even get this, but my eye was caught by the literature philosophy and chess!
I'm on my way to French Polynesia and long for someone to talk Sociology, philosophy, literature etc.
I played competitive chess at University, but that was back in the middle ages!
If you still long for the sun, coral reefs and flying fish send me an Email on myexplorer915@gmail.com and I'll whet your appetite further!
Andrew.