Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Crew Positions Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 06-09-2012, 11:04 AM   #1
Ensign

Home Port: Prague
Default Couple(31) looking for voyage occasion

I am from Czech Republic. You know the small country in central Europe without the sea . During last 2 years I was several times to short sail in Adriatic with my friend - skipper and he showed me the beauty of sailing and thought me some basic principles of sailing.This year I decided with my girlfriend Alena to gain a skipper license for recreational sailing and we did it. So now both of us have a official Certificate of competence yachtmaster issued by Ministery of transport of Czech republic (cathegory C - yachtmaster coastal, which should be on similar level as RYA Day Skipper, but there is a limitation for distance from coast). So now we are hard-working to earn enough money to fullfill our dreams. On the beggining of next year(2013) we want to travel out for several months or years (it depends).

We are the couple living in Prague at the present time and we are both 30 years old. I work in IT and Alena works as a tabloid journalist but for both of us it is just temporary work. We are interested in sports like a diving, swimming, cycling, running, hiking, volleyball, beach-volleyball and sailing of course. We also love travelling and knowing new people,countries and cultures. Our plan is to find a somebody who will take as on board and we will get as much skills and experiences as possible during the voyage.

Our biggest motivation is that we are 30 and we still sit on our chairs in office. So we decided to make a change because we don't want to become old here in Prague office. We want to travel and knowing new places and people. We want to explore the world and experience some adventures. We want to LIVE before we die. Or before we settle down to found a family But we believe it is also possible on the way. We hope that we will find somebody who will help us to start with this our dream.

Some skippers already have replied to me and contacted me but their conditions and prices were not acceptable for us beceuse we are young couple and we will have a limited budget. It means for us the less we spend per month the longer time we will able to spend on our journey. But we also take it for granted that we will offer our hands for every kind of work which will be needed because we want to became fully-fledged crew of boat. Not just a tourists. And our primary goal is to learn all what we can.

I know the year 2013 is far away from now but we are starting to planning our journey right now, so if you have any idea if you will continue with your voyage also next year, please let me know and we can change some words to know each other and talk about the ideas and conditions.

Thank you in advanace for your answer.
regards,
Filip & Alena