Good day, I am looking for a berth!
- male, 22 years old, originally from Munich, Germany
- student at the London School of Economics until my graduation this summer (mid July)
- industrious, hard-working and reliable, physically fit and dedicated (captained a university rugby team this year)
- friendly, outgoing and open personality
- 3000 nm experience in the Mediterranean, Atlantic (both sides and arctic), Pacific (racing and cruising as deckhand and once as first mate last season)
- most notable voyage was a six week trip from Stornoway, Outer Hebrides, Northern Scotland, across the Faroer Islands, Denmark to Siglofjoerdur, Northern Iceland for the Ice Sun Race 2010 (which was then called off at the last minute due to the volcano ash...).
- SKS (Sport-Kuesten-Schifferschein) qualified with the German Sailing Association
- worked as youth race sailing instructor in summers since 2005 (Segelschule Mueller, Tutzing) whilst racing myself
- either cross the Atlantic (a long dream of mine) and maybe further (all types of journey from delivery to racing to cruising) --> defer my postgraduate studies and go on a gap year
- after Iceland last year I discovered sailing way north is beautiful (midnight sun, no crowds, rough weather, untouched nature) and I would be interested in going up the coast of Norway or Greenland
- anything else that might be adventurous, a challenge or out of the ordinary in any sort of sense
If this sounds interesting, get in touch, I am looking forward to hearing from you!