Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Crew Positions Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 01-28-2013, 02:09 AM   #1
Ensign

Home Port: Columbia, SC
Talking Crew of Two for Summer 2013!

Greetings cruisers! My name is Anna and my long time travel companion is John. We are a team of two sailors, male and female, 24 and 25 respectively looking to gain experience on a larger vessel. We are available for any voyage starting on or after June 8th and returning on or before August 1st. Preferably leaving out of the American southeast, but we could theoretically find our way to any North American port and home from just about any destination. Though we are open to leaving from just about anywhere.
I have regatta experience on lightnings and flying scots, but have never crewed a sailboat larger than 20 feet. I am a full time high school teacher, and have the gift of patience, ingenuity, and grace under pressure. I am very adaptable and learn new systems quickly. I am very good with basic repairs, speak several languages, cook well, sew decently, and am more than happy to share in the heavy lifting.
John has experience as a small vessel sailing instructor with the Boys Scouts of America, and is currently working for their Sea Base program. He is experienced in survivalism and rope work. He is interested in gaining experience which could further his career as a sailing instructor. He is very laid back, easy to work with, and highly intelligent. Can cook, clean, and is good with people of all ages. One of the most likable guys you will ever have the pleasure of knowing.
We are both college educated and committed to learning more about yachting and all of its adjoining skills. We are both athletic (a weightlifter and a runner) with a mind towards health and safety. Both interested in working on our logbook towards captain status. We are looking for an experienced skipper who can teach us what we would need to know to engage in our own adventures down the road. We promise to pay the confidence, and the knowledge, foreward in the future. We are willing to have a phone, Skype, or FaceTime interview for anyone looking to take us on

Old 04-23-2013, 07:17 AM   #2
Ensign

Home Port: Utrecht
Default crossing indian ocean

Hi Anna and John, I find you on cruiserslog. You are looking for a long and nice trip. Well my plan is crossing the indian ocean start medio may.
Route: Jakarta,cocos Islands, Mauritius, Madagaskar.
Duration 25 days. It is also possible to join us a part of the trip.
More info on my site: sailwithfuture.ontheweb.nl (in construction)
If you have interest, mail : zeilmetcor@gmail.com
greeting Cornelias

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardae View Post
Greetings cruisers! My name is Anna and my long time travel companion is John. We are a team of two sailors, male and female, 24 and 25 respectively looking to gain experience on a larger vessel. We are available for any voyage starting on or after June 8th and returning on or before August 1st. Preferably leaving out of the American southeast, but we could theoretically find our way to any North American port and home from just about any destination. Though we are open to leaving from just about anywhere.
I have regatta experience on lightnings and flying scots, but have never crewed a sailboat larger than 20 feet. I am a full time high school teacher, and have the gift of patience, ingenuity, and grace under pressure. I am very adaptable and learn new systems quickly. I am very good with basic repairs, speak several languages, cook well, sew decently, and am more than happy to share in the heavy lifting.
John has experience as a small vessel sailing instructor with the Boys Scouts of America, and is currently working for their Sea Base program. He is experienced in survivalism and rope work. He is interested in gaining experience which could further his career as a sailing instructor. He is very laid back, easy to work with, and highly intelligent. Can cook, clean, and is good with people of all ages. One of the most likable guys you will ever have the pleasure of knowing.
We are both college educated and committed to learning more about yachting and all of its adjoining skills. We are both athletic (a weightlifter and a runner) with a mind towards health and safety. Both interested in working on our logbook towards captain status. We are looking for an experienced skipper who can teach us what we would need to know to engage in our own adventures down the road. We promise to pay the confidence, and the knowledge, foreward in the future. We are willing to have a phone, Skype, or FaceTime interview for anyone looking to take us on

Old 07-30-2013, 05:39 PM   #3
Ensign

Home Port: Utrecht

Hallo Anna
I sail in the indien ocean at the moment
My plan is to set sail from Madagascar to Mozambique -S-Afrika Cape Town. Start medio september 2013.
In Januar 2014 I wil set sail to Brazil,Carieb, Canarien islands
Well if you like these trips or a part of them mail me for more info.
zeilmetcor@gmail.com

Tags
crew of two, gaining experience, north america, ship wanted, summer 2013