Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Crew Positions Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 08-20-2012, 04:38 PM   #1
Ensign

Home Port: Paris
Default Crossing the pacific !

Hi everyone,
i'm glad to join the dreamer community
I m interesting about sailing for few years now. And although i'm a beginner, i'd like to ride the oceans and discover new experiences.
As a cameraman, i'd like to make a documentary about hitchhiking boats. The subject could be very interesting. I'd like to do it with a friend of mine. Of course we'll be a part of the crew and help on the boat as anybody
Our plan is to cross the Pacific, from Panama to Australia, starting in january or february 2013. So if you know somebody looking for a crew and who is interesting by our project, please let me know !
Of course we are very flexible and any suggestion we'll be welcome

Hope to hear from you !

Sébastien.

Old 10-06-2012, 02:58 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to delatbabel

Sebastien, best wishes and good luck with your journey. Only two comments from me. One is that Jan/Feb is probably earlier than most boats heading west across the Pacific would be leaving Panama -- most of the "puddle jumpers" tend to leave in March or April. So you may have better luck meeting your goals if you can wait a couple of extra months. Second thing -- let people know you speak French (which I assume you do, from your name and location) because skippers are more likely to take on French speaking crew to help through the waters of French Polynesia. Good luck once again, best wishes and take care. I would like to see your documentary when it is finished.

Old 10-08-2012, 02:01 AM   #3
De Captain

Home Port: STT
Vessel Name: Currently, whatever they pay me to sail

Good luck. There are a couple of online sites for people looking to crew on boats and you should have no problem finding a boat if you're willing to share some expenses.

If you can actually get to Panama and hang out in the spring as boats come through the canal you'll most surely find a ride. As was already said though early March is about as early as you'd want to go. If you go to Panama to get a ride spend your time hanging out in Panama City, not Colon.

Tags
crossing, pacific