Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Crew Positions Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 08-03-2011, 04:36 AM   #1
Ensign

My boyfriend (33, German) and myself (25, American) are experienced sailors looking to crew from Australia to SE Asia. We have several years of experience sailing and living on boats, both on "tall ships" (large, traditionally-rigged vessels) and sailing yachts. We have made several long ocean passages. Additionally, we have experience with maintenance on both wooden and fiberglass vessels, and we are great cooks. I have even held positions as paid ship's cook.

We have a professional, safety-oriented attitude toward sailing. But we are also fun, good-natured world travelers, eager to meet new people and enjoy a great trip in pleasant company. We don't smoke and do not get seasick. We are willing to share costs. I will bring my ukulele, and my boyfriend will bring his incredible collection of good and not-so-good jokes.

We will be available beginning November, 2011.

If interested, please email independebubble at hotmail dot com. For more information about us, visit our blog: crossingtheline2011.blogspot.com

whedlesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:52 PM   #2
Commander

Aloha whedlesky...Welcome! Just a note that sail boats are going TO Australia in November. It's the start of the cyclone season in the South Pacific and everybody is sailing out of the tropics. You'll have a 6 month wait for a boat leaving from Oz.

No breadfruit can be reached when the picking stick is too short.
Spike_dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 06:16 AM   #3

Send a message via AIM to delatbabel

Welcome whedlesky, yes as Spike said it will be sit tight from November until the end of the cyclone season (April) unless you have a death wish.

La Nina last year, we had our worst cyclone season in 15 years. Looks like more of the same this year.

Tags
asia, australia