Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Crew Positions Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 04-22-2011, 12:11 AM   #1
Ensign

My boyfriend (33, German) and I (25, American) are looking to sail out of French Polynesia in July. Thanks to this website, we found a boat to take us to the Marquesas. We are looking for crewing opportunities in South Pacific after that point.

We are both experienced "tall ship" (large, traditionally-rigged vessel) sailors. I've been paid crew on several ships for a year and a half, and my boyfriend, Kristian, for eight months. We have experience with ship maintenance, sail handling, working aloft, and standing watch underway on multi-day voyages. I also have experience as a paid ship cook, and a watch leader underway. We are familiar with basic navigation and nav equipment, and are trained in the use of safety equipment such as EPIRBS, immersion suits, life rafts, etc. By the time we meet up with you, we will also have an extended ocean passage under our belts.

We both have a safety-oriented, professional attitude toward sailing. Tall ships have high standards for crew behavior and safety, since we usually have passengers, often young students, on board, even for longer voyages of several days or weeks.

But we are also fun, good-natured world travelers, eager to meet new people and enjoy a great trip in pleasant company. We are both hard-working non-complainers. We love outdoor activities. We enjoy mellow good times, we enjoy rowdy good times; anything works for us. We don't smoke. I will probably bring my ukulele, and my boyfriend will bring his vast mental storehouse of good and not-so-good jokes.

We are prepared to pay travel costs to and from the boat, and our share of shipboard provisions. If you will be on a nearby island (applying the term loosely), we are willing to meet you there. We are eager to share all shipboard responsibilities, and are excited to become better sailors and get more ocean sailing time.

Please email Wynne at independebubble at hotmail dot com if you are interested, and I'd be glad to share more information.<br style=""> <br style="">
whedlesky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
experienced crew