Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Crew Positions Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 07-09-2011, 12:36 AM   #1
Ensign

Good Day to you all!!!

My name is Nikki. I am 27 years of age. I have been working on boats as a B.M.W for the last three years. I am orignally from the state of Oklahoma. I packed up my things and headed for the Caribbean, on the island of St. Thomas. Where I made my home for the last five years.

I got into the boating industry by helpliong a friend rebuild his sciff. I instantly fell in love with the finesse and magic of making something so beautiful and graceful conquor the risky and deviece ways of Mother Ocean!

I quit my joband found myself in the local boat yard working for free for the first month (as it was my plan to learn as much about the vessel before actually saing one). The more I learned the more my pay increased. I then started building a name for myself. I began aquiriring jobs of my own, and completing them well.

Eventually I started working for a local marin company that takes care of yatch of all shapes sizes, makes, motor, or sailing. I then decided after a year of working for this company that it was time to leave the docks and get on the water.

I began working for a day sail charter company ( primarily with cruze ships) on a fleet of catamarans. Recently I have resigned from this company and found my way to Mexico. Where I am currently living aboard and working on a 51 Formosa Ketch. I am refinishing the boat and making her pretty again. I have opportunity for my very first ocean passing in two weeks, where I will be delivering a Jeaneau 46 to San Diego, from what I understand we will crossing the Bash!!!

I am very excited about this!!! It is finally time for me to spread my wings and put my knowledge to use, and def. LEARN so much more!!!!

I am contracted on SV Freedom through mid Sept. I will be looking for more work after it has ended. I really just wanted to put myself out there and get known a little bit. I very eager to learn as much as possible! I am hoping to aquire my Captains lisc. in the next 1-2 years.

Please fill free to email or contact me if you have any leads or are looking for crew!!!

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!

Looking forward to meeting some of you!

Old 07-09-2011, 05:32 AM   #2
Moderator/Wiki Sysop

Home Port: Samos
Vessel Name: S/Y Thetis

Welcome to CL. I wish you the best and fair winds.

The World Cruising and Sailing Wiki

Help to build this free, online world Cruising Guide

Built by cruisers, for cruisers.

=Mediterranean,Black Sea,North Atlantic,Caribbean
I've Contributed to the Cruisers Wiki: Mediterranean, Black Sea, Atlantic
Istioploos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 07:35 AM   #3
Ensign

hit me up I could use some crew for daysails and if your a good fit maybe a journey. I am heading south soon from Dana point Ca to New Hampshire via the Panama canal. Plan on surfing and fishing my way home.