Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Crew Positions Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 08-04-2012, 02:55 PM   #1
Ensign

Home Port: Vienna
Default Israel to Europe

Hey,

my name is Fionn (Austria, 21) and I am at the moment in Israel travelling and volunteering.

My time there is almost over and now I would like to go back to europe, if possible on a sailing boat.

If you are heading that way, please contact me (nnoif@gmx.at) and I will give you further information about myself (experience, skills, character, ...).

Thanks and see ya
Fionn

Old 08-07-2012, 05:05 AM   #2
Admiral

Home Port: Darwin
Vessel Name: Sandettie

It could be tough to get a ride from Israel. I don't know the area, but consulting Jimmy Cornells 'Routes from Israel, it would appear few cruisers head back along the med but those who do leave marinas at Herzliya and Ashkelon. Generally it appears they make a first stop in Cyprus. Cyprus and Turkey will see a lot more cruising boats than Israel. The cruising Hub of the Med is probably Malta..but that is some distance from Israel.

If you can, visit the marinas and any locally attached yacht clubs and put the word around that you are looking for passage. The Med weather remains good for sailing through until October.
Best of luck.

Auzzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 09:01 AM   #3
Ensign

Hey,
thanks for your help. I will try ask people at the marina in herzliya.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:12 AM   #4
Ensign

Hi nnoif, if you still want to crew to Europe I am departing on my 42' Ketch from Marmaris, Turkey within a week.
please PM if you are interested.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:49 PM   #5
Ensign

hey,

thanks a lot for your message. I made my way home already but don't hesitate when you need a crew next time.

Tags
europe