Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Crew Positions Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 03-13-2012, 10:21 AM   #1
Ensign

Home Port: Perth
Smile Perth to anywhere for a month

Experienced sailor living in Perth and looking for a berth on a cruising yacht anytime and anywhere for a month.
Hi, I'm Colin aka Freespirit and feeling the strong urge to go sailing open water once more. My own yacht is still 18 months away from being realised and a break from the rat race is long overdue. Have sailed the East coast of Oz and Indonesian waters but am happy to sail in whatever direction the bow is pointing. Can take more than a month's leave if required, that is just a ballpark figure. I am strong and healthy for my age (just turned 60!) and can pay my way there and back.
Cheers
Colin

Old 03-14-2012, 07:46 AM   #2
Ensign

Home Port: perth

Hi Colin , my name is Jason and i,m in the process of buying a yacht in Brisbane.... I too live in perth and am looking at sailing from brisbane around the top , have a stop in Indo and back to perth.The Yacht hopefully will be a 38ft 1977 model...with all the mods.Now the twist is i cant sail for **** , but i need an old sailor with experience to teach me all the tricks....My experience is that i have had a lot of sea time as i am a commerical diver and have worked up in the Aeofura Sea and have a coaxian ticket.I am 43 and stress free and enjoy the ocean.I hope to purchase the yacht next month and hope to leave around end april beginning of may.You can contact me on 0458704052 if you are interested
cheers Jas

Old 03-14-2012, 09:07 AM   #3
Lieutenant

Home Port: Road Town
Vessel Name: Various
Send a message via Yahoo to bvimatelot

If you can get yourself to Singapore by early next week you can come with us. Its an Athena 38 catamaran going to Brisbane. The route at the moment (all things change!) is S'pore-Darwin-Cairns-Brisbane but hopefully a bit of "tourism" down the east coast. You can pm me for more info.

Tony
Old 03-14-2012, 10:14 AM   #4
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzziehead View Post
Hi Colin , my name is Jason and i,m in the process of buying a yacht in Brisbane.... I too live in perth and am looking at sailing from brisbane around the top , have a stop in Indo and back to perth.The Yacht hopefully will be a 38ft 1977 model...with all the mods.Now the twist is i cant sail for **** , but i need an old sailor with experience to teach me all the tricks....My experience is that i have had a lot of sea time as i am a commerical diver and have worked up in the Aeofura Sea and have a coaxian ticket.I am 43 and stress free and enjoy the ocean.I hope to purchase the yacht next month and hope to leave around end april beginning of may.You can contact me on 0458704052 if you are interested
cheers Jas
Hi Jason,
Will call you tomorrow AM for a chat.
Cheers
Colin
Old 03-14-2012, 10:19 AM   #5
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvimatelot View Post
If you can get yourself to Singapore by early next week you can come with us. Its an Athena 38 catamaran going to Brisbane. The route at the moment (all things change!) is S'pore-Darwin-Cairns-Brisbane but hopefully a bit of "tourism" down the east coast. You can pm me for more info.

Tony
Hi Tony,
Thanks for the reply. Next week would be too tight I feel at the moment, but will contact you if its possible.
Cheers
Colin
Old 04-10-2012, 04:04 PM   #6
Ensign

Home Port: Hong Kong
Default Crew

Hi Colin,

I am wondering where you are now? Did you get to Indonesia? Are you sailing with Jason? Did he get his boat?

What I have on my plate at the moment is the opportunity to sail a beautiful gaffed rigged schooner from Thailand to Hong Kong. I have had my own boat in Melb for many years but became more of a boat builder than sailor so I'm after an experienced bod to bring her back to Hong Kong. There is a lot more to tell but I'll wait til I hear of your whereabouts before going into detail.

Can you frop me a line please ?
Thanks
Helen
Old 04-11-2012, 08:34 AM   #7
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by helendd4 View Post
Hi Colin,

I am wondering where you are now? Did you get to Indonesia? Are you sailing with Jason? Did he get his boat?

What I have on my plate at the moment is the opportunity to sail a beautiful gaffed rigged schooner from Thailand to Hong Kong. I have had my own boat in Melb for many years but became more of a boat builder than sailor so I'm after an experienced bod to bring her back to Hong Kong. There is a lot more to tell but I'll wait til I hear of your whereabouts before going into detail.

Can you frop me a line please ?
Thanks
Helen
Will PM you.
Cheers
Colin