Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Crewfinder Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 02:40 PM   #1
Lieutenant

Home Port: No such thing
Vessel Name: Charisma

Hi,

Looking for a crew either male or female from Singapore to the Phillipines, leaving mid October 2008. Please find a a quick overview below, enquiries are welcome.

The Trip

Leaving Singapore between 7 and 15 October 2008. Sailing up the South China Sea to Labuan, Sabah (East Malaysia), Kota Kinabalu, The Philippines and possibly Sulawesi and parts of Eastern Indonesia till March 2009.

The Boat

Charisma is a Vagabond 47 built in 1990. Please feel free to Google “ Vagabond 47”, there is a wealth of information on the web. A strong Taiwanese build, designed by William Gardner. She is lovely maintained by its owner and has been tested up to 60 knots while sailing solo, did break a wine glass though which I though was secured. Charisma features a 100 HP Volvo engine giving 5 to 6 knots cruising speed depending on sea state. She comes with fridge, freezer, water maker, A/C when in Marina; the generator is being replaced with a brand new 7 KVA Onan. There are plenty of spares on board. She is build for comfort but happily cruises at 5-6 knots on a 10-12 Knots light breeze and really come alive in 15-20 knots wind and onward. Photos are available to interested party.

The Captain and Owner

That’s me, Francis Maube, born and raised in France, started sailing at the age of 12 and been sailing ever since when work didn’t get in the way. I have been overseas since the age of 21, working and living on 5 continents, learned a few languages on the way and forgot some. I’m a free thinker, love exploring and believe that life is nothing but a long school so open to just about anything worth thinking and talking about. I am an avid scuba diver so the sailing routes are likely to be around either potential or proven dive site, exploration diving is very much on the menu. Interested parties are welcome to communicate. There is a non drinking policy on board while underway but sundowners and a good laugh at protected anchorage are a must. Needless to say the boat is drug free and will remain so.

Expenses

The selected crew is expected to take care of its own expenses to the boarding point which is Singapore and drop off point which will be Philippines or Sabah, East Malaysia but the latter is subject to change. Once on board I’ll take care of all expenses such as boat running cost, diesel, petrol, spare parts, food, drinks, basic medical care, laundry, marina or mooring. Outing expenses are on a shared basis such as inland trips, eating out and shopping trip for personal care such as toiletry and the like. Crew is expected to show proof of fund should he/she be requested to leave early and at the end of the trip.

The Crew

A reasonable amount of experience is expected, that is being able to hold a watch for 4 hours, trim the sails when required, keep a course (the autopilot is working fine), plot the course on paper chart, being able to measure whether we are on a collision course with passing ships and generally displaying common sense. A half decent cook is a bonus, hygiene is a must and there is no shortage of water on board so no excuses. The crew is also expected to help with basic maintenance such as oil changes, cleaning, reefing and whatever repairs need to be carried out. The rest will have to be worked out. A scuba diver is most welcome provided he/she can crew as well!!!!

Feel free to contact me at francismaube#yahoo.com for more details and photos.

Old 09-02-2008, 03:18 PM   #2
Ensign

Hi francis

my name is kevin

i m french, borned in reunion island and 26 years old

I m interested in the travel you want to do

I made few cruise as crew member with night navigation ( 10 days in canarias, twice 5 days in britain), i practice windsurf.

Im physisaly fit, learn quickly, calm and like to invest my self

I like to cook, and to wash myself.

I have my first french federal diving nivel, like to be under the sea too.

I m really interested.

Hope you will contact me on my mail kev1one#hotmail.com

see you

Old 09-15-2008, 01:16 PM   #3
Ensign

Hello Francis!

My name is Dylan and I am a 25 year old male from the US. I have day sailing experience on sailboats 3-15m in length on a large lake (Lake Michigan with 2m seas at times...). I also worked on an ocean research vessel http://www.epa.gov/bold/ for 1 1/2 years as science technician which gives me some blue water experience. We stayed mostly near the coast of the Atlantic (US waters), Gulf of Mexico, and took a 3 month trip to the US Virgin Islands for coral reef research. I have an advanced diver with nitrox certification and basic first aid training (Red Cross). I just found your post and if it possible I would love to join you on your adventures. I am physically fit, a decent cook, hygienic, have an open mind, and always learn new things quickly (and with enthusiasm!). Please contact me at boyledyl#gmail.com You can also read a bit about me from my travel blog http://www.travelpod.com/members/dylanboyle to see a bit of my current travels. Hope to hear from you soon!
Old 09-19-2008, 08:20 AM   #4
Ensign

Hello, I am Chaas Gantt and I have been in the yachting industry for a year and a half now and currently live in Miami, FL. I have been the first mate on a 2000 90 ft M/Y Leopard 27 Open since Jan. of 2008 and I am looking to do traveling in the South Americas for the winter of 2008/2009. I don't have any attachments and I am highly interested in your voyage. I have got plenty of money in savings to pay my way and I know how to keep up with my share of the work on a vessel. I have an engineering certificate, STCW, and getting my MCA Yachtmaster license in a few weeks. You can contact me at boatcaretaker#gmail.com

Thank you and I hope to speak to you soon.

Safe Travels,

Chaas Gantt
Old 09-29-2008, 01:16 PM   #5
Lieutenant

Home Port: No such thing
Vessel Name: Charisma

Thanks for all the replies, apology for the one I missed, the crew position has been filled.

Fair Winds,
Old 09-29-2008, 03:32 PM   #6
Retired Mod

Home Port: Durban

Thank you for posting the update. Pleasant voyage!

TOPIC NOW CLOSED.

The World Cruising & Sailing Wiki

Help to build this free, online World Cruising Guide.

"Built by cruisers, for cruisers''

I've Contributed to the Cruisers Wiki: Most sections
Closed Thread