Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Crewfinder Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Join Cruiser Log Today

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 06:37 PM   #1
Ensign

We are looking for 1-2 crew to help us deliver our 2000 Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 45.2 from Charleston to Valencia, Spain (and possibly beyond). Stops include: Bermuda, Azores, and Gibraltar. We are expecting to leave late May or early June.

The boat is new (to us) and we have been spending the past 6 months fitting it out. Equipment includes: new, triple-reef main, new a-kite, roller furling jib, storm jib, 8-man liferaft, EPIRB, SSB, sea anchor, etc. Skipper has approx. 3,500 nm bluewater experience. (Not much, but enough!) Sailing with 12-year old son and 1-3 others.

Looking for competent crew with sailing experience. Offshore experience NOT required. We will take care of provisioning, you pay transportation costs.

If interested, contact nelson.peter1(at)live.com Blog site: Time Warp sailing blog

Old 04-24-2009, 01:49 PM   #2
Ensign

Hi, my name is Charley, I'm a 23 year old guy from New Jersey, and last summer I crewed from Brighton, UK to Porto, Portugal, standing watches, navigating, etc. Unfortunately I am not available until the end of June, and I am already out here close to Valencia! I am wondering, when do you plan on returning to Charleston? I'd be more than happy to crew for the journey home.

Old 04-26-2009, 11:31 PM   #3
Ensign

Hi Peter, I've just sent you an email!

Jamie
Old 04-28-2009, 12:10 PM   #4
Ensign

Hi Peter,

my name is Stefano Gatti, I am 53 year old but I fill younger of my age.

I am looking for a crew position for up to 1 month preferably starting or ending in Europe or Caribbean or USA (Atlantic crossing Eastbound or Westbound) . It has been my dream to circum navigate for many years. I have reached a point in my life where I want to live partially my dream rather than just talk about it and starting with the first step.

I am married and have my wife blessing ( she is just not into sailing as I am, but she sailed with me)

I am a sensible person having spent most my life around or on the water. I started when I was child sailing with FJ, 420 and 470 of my propriety; in the 1990 I acquired the Italian sail license over 12 miles from the coast; I sailed with bareboats in the Mediterranean and Caribbean, so have a good understanding of sailing daily and nightly. I follow safe practice and believe in being prepared as much as possible. I don't have any Blue water experience and I am very keen to get some. I have a good sense of humor and keep my head under pressure.

My Skills:

I speak English, French and Italian, understand Spanish and Portuguese

Have very good Computer and electrical skills (35yrs in the business)

Good mechanical and handy man skills

I cook well Italian and Mediterranean dishes

I am happy to do any tasks that are needed, and get on well with just about anybody

Never smoke in my life

I generally don't drink besides the odd social beer

I am very committed and don't bail when the going gets tough

I would prefer to crew on a well setup and maintained 45ft plus mono hull or 35ft plus cat with an experienced skipper willing to teach me sailing in blue water.

I am happy to pay for my own food and drinks expenses, VISA and flight.

I would require 2-3 weeks' notice to get myself organized for the trip

anything else please ask

Looking forward to the experience of a lifetime

Stefano G.

Old 05-10-2009, 12:30 AM   #5
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsonpeter View Post
We are looking for 1-2 crew to help us deliver our 2000 Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 45.2 from Charleston to Valencia, Spain (and possibly beyond). Stops include: Bermuda, Azores, and Gibraltar. We are expecting to leave late May or early June.

The boat is new (to us) and we have been spending the past 6 months fitting it out. Equipment includes: new, triple-reef main, new a-kite, roller furling jib, storm jib, 8-man liferaft, EPIRB, SSB, sea anchor, etc. Skipper has approx. 3,500 nm bluewater experience. (Not much, but enough!) Sailing with 12-year old son and 1-3 others.

Looking for competent crew with sailing experience. Offshore experience NOT required. We will take care of provisioning, you pay transportation costs.

If interested, contact nelson.peter1(at)live.com Blog site: Time Warp sailing blog
Mr. Peter,

I am 20 years old and currently a sophomore at Rollins College, in Winter Park Florida and I will be in school until May 28th, and after that my summer is wide open, I won't have to return to school until late August. I am very easy going and I make fast friends with with pretty much everyone.

I am the one of three captains on the varsity sailing team here at Rollins, where we sail FJ's. I have been sailing at my home club Pymatuning Yacht Club in Jamestown, Pa since I was about 9 or 10 and grew up racing three man dinghies such as Thistles and Lightnings with some J-22 exposure.

Admittedly, I do have limited experience on keel boats, but my father has his bare boat chartering license and we have gone on several vacations in the USVI and the BVI, cruising the islands for one to two weeks at a time. Also recently, I have completed a J-World advanced racing seminar in Key West on J-24s.

While my backround remains in small boat racing I have always wanted to learn and explore long term keel boat cruising but with limited opportunities. I don't know what qualifications you are looking for in a crew, but I do have some limited ocean cruising expirience and I am a quick and enthusiastic learner, especially when it comes to anything sailing related.

I am available to leave from almost any port, I can fly to wherever you need me to or drive up to Charleston, SC as I do about twice a semester for regattas at CofC.

If you have any questions my email is TJACKSON@rollins.edu, I would love to hear the detailed plans of your trip.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:30 PM   #6
Ensign

Thanks, all, for looking at and responding to my post. I have filled out our crew for the voyage.

I wish you (and us!) the best in your sailing adventures!!

Tags
crew wanted, med