Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Crewfinder Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 10:00 AM   #1
Ensign

hi all

i am looking for crew to help sail to the bvi's from nice. contact me at yachtrat@webmail.co.za. the yacht is a leopard 46 cat. hope to be there near the end of november.

Boat size & type
: 46 ft cat

Embark port: nice france

Estimated departure (or join) date: 20 oct

Arrival port & ETA (or voyage details): crossing to the bvi's

Number of other crew aboard (Skipperplus): 2

Crew qualifications required and duties: basic sailing skills

Note: No contribution towards any other costs (fuel, propane, fees, marinas, etc.) is required from crew.

thanks richard

Old 10-05-2008, 05:43 PM   #2
Lin
Ensign

I am an experiened ocean sailor and I am interested in joining as crew. I am always considered an asset when on any vessel. Please contact me at torbeck1@yahoo.com for a resume or any additional information.

Bon voyage,

Lin

Old 10-15-2008, 01:02 PM   #3
Ensign

I'm very keen to find a food-share contributing passage berth as crew on a cruising yacht and expand on my skills, learning more from talented and experienced sailors. I´m in Barcelona at the moment, (October 2008) and am happy to travel anywhere to join up.

I am taking a sabbatical after living and working in Asia for nineteen years. I´ve spent most of my time recently in boats, in various places from Holland to the Red Sea, see below for the experience I´ve had up to now. My desire is to keep learning much more about the sea, boats and sailing, and to have some fun and good times along the way hopefully too!

I'm single, male, fit and healthy and forty five years old, I don't smoke at all but enjoy a glass of red wine over dinner if it's around (never more than the captain of course!). As far as yacht skills go, what I have learned so far has left me confident enough to sail alone from Barcelona to the Balearics and island and anchorage hop from there which is what I've been doing this summer. I have as yet no formal training or certification. If a position came up and time allowed I would be more than willing to do either an RYA Day Skipper or Glenans course if required or advised.

I'm a talented and enthusiastic cook having done courses in China and Thailand and am happy to do at least my share of galley duties. I've been fishing all my life, and with my own gear if necessary, am usually pretty successful. It's my responsibility to maintain, repair, prepare for and do client check-in/out on the yacht I've spent the last two summers on. I'm very resourceful when it comes to all manner of fault diagnosis and solving, I was brought up on Scottish farms repairing ancient buildings and keeping 'sixties and 'seventies cars and motorcycles more or less roadworthy which doubtless helped in this. The yacht has never looked better I'm enthusiastically told by her skipper who I'm sure would happily provide some form of reference should you require.

Aside from all that I'm easy going, considerate, responsible, hard working, reasonable, positive and sociable. I enjoy a good laugh and would hope to find a skipper and crew with similar values. I'm fluent in Mandarin Chinese, Thai and Spanish, should anyone be planning a particularly exotic passage that might be handy! I'm open to any kind of offer, any conditions and any destination so if you're interested, or have any bright ideas where I might find such a situation please get in touch, I look forward to hearing from you.

Warmest regards, Kerry. Please e-mail kerrycatch@yahoo.com

July 2003 Baleares Islands and day hopping in charter Beneteau 311, two aboard.

July 2004 Crossing Barcelona to Mallorca, Baleares Islands and day hopping, crossing Mallorca to Barcelona in owner's Bavaria 36, four aboard.

June 2006 Crossing Barcelona to Mallorca, Baleares Islands and day hopping, crossing Mallorca to Barcelona in owner's Bavaria 36, two aboard.

June to September 2007 Crossing Barcelona to Mallorca, multi Baleares Islands hops and coastal cruising, crossing Mallorca to Barcelona. I was assisting with charter preparation and deliveries in owner's Bavaria 36, various numbers of crew aboard.

December 2007 Medemblik, Isselmeer Holland to Brest France, via English south coast ports in owner's Hanse 430e, two aboard.

March to May 2008 Aden, Yemen to Egypt, Red Sea cruising in owners Catana 44, two aboard.

May to date 2008 Baleares Islands, several crossings, two solo, also Costa Brava in Bavaria 36 and as crew on a 19m Turkish Tirandil.
Attached Thumbnails
Kerry___mahe_mahe.JPG  
Old 10-26-2008, 08:13 PM   #4
Ensign

Hi there,

My name is David Crennen and I'm a 25 year old American male, currently working in Amsterdam.

I have sailing experience on a 17 meter Chinese Junk, plus cooking, maintenance and computer skills. I also speak Japanese and some Spanish.

I spent the last 3 years living in Japan as an English teacher and since July I've been backpacking my way around the world - trying to get back to America by any means except flying.

Drop me a line at crennen@gmail.com

Thanks
Old 11-10-2008, 01:43 PM   #5
Ensign

Hey!

I'm 27 year old German Stefan, wanting to cross the Atlantic to visit my girlfriend over there!!

I speak German, English, Spanish, Turkish and French fluently, I'm a nice companion, kmow how to work and to learn...I don't have

experience in high-sea-sailing, but sailing experience on lakes...

Are you still in Nice and looking for help on your boat?

Tell me: stefanwelinsky@gmx.de

Best crossing!

Stefan
Old 11-10-2008, 02:26 PM   #6
Retired Mod

Home Port: Durban

Crew needed for Oct 20th.

Topic now closed.

The World Cruising & Sailing Wiki

Help to build this free, online World Cruising Guide.

"Built by cruisers, for cruisers''

I've Contributed to the Cruisers Wiki: Most sections
Closed Thread