Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Crewfinder Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 08:15 PM   #21
Ensign

Hi,

I am a 63-y-o fit (retired) hematology professor whithout any sailing experience what-so-ever. I would like to join you from Tahiti to Tonga/Fiji in the Autumn. Need to cross the 155 W longitude by sea. Good luck and best wishes, jussi (draatosathotmailpointcom)

Old 02-19-2009, 06:30 PM   #22
Ensign

hi, i see there are a ton of responses to this post, but if you are still looking for someone, let me know and i can give you some more information about myself. i am currently traveling and studying in central america so it would be no problem for me to meet up with you. thanks! ChannelZ28@gmail.com

ross

Old 02-22-2009, 06:24 AM   #23
Ensign

Hi Jenkcos.

My name is Adam and I would like to chat and introduce myself. Your trip sounds like a really fun experience, and I would like to ask a few questions. Im a 23 year old from New York, I just graduated from college last may and now I am thinking about learning how to sail and see how far around the world I can get. It is a life goal, and I want to start checking them off my list of things to do before I die.

Anyways It would be great talking to you and chatting about the trip and sailing in general. I hope I hear back from you. You can e-mail me at AdamGardner18@yahoo.com

Thanks
Old 02-23-2009, 03:22 PM   #24
Ensign

Hello there

My name Is Mar and I´m a underwater camera and documentary film director

The tryp sounds amazing and if you need a great female, charming, good cook with a huge sailing experience, tell me more about you and the boat.

Best

Mar
Old 02-24-2009, 01:38 PM   #25
Ensign

Hello,

Yes, I would be interested in crewing on your boat.

I am a very capable and easy going. I can get along with a wide variety of folks and have lots of worldly experience. I am equally comfortable cranking up for fun or spending quiet time enjoying the sites. Since I have spent a lot of time on extended boat vacations I fully understand the close quarters and value the right personalities.

While my sailing experience is not extensive, I have taken ASA sailing courses, 101 through 104. I am also an instrument rated private pilot, a avid white water kayaker, advanced scuba diver, and mountain biker so honing my sailing skills should come pretty quick.

I enjoy hard work, am a great cook, and can fix anything. Repairing boat systems are a breeze as I have owned a 60’ house boat for many years and have personally updated /maintained the electrical, plumbing and propulsion systems. My experience as a custom home builder should come in handy as my carpentry skills are superb.

I am looking for some real blue water sailing, a competent captain, a seaworthy vessel and some off the beaten path adventure. I would also prefer a private cabin and for the boat to be somewhat clean.

Thx,

Ray
Old 02-24-2009, 10:44 PM   #26
Ensign

My name is Kip and my traveling partner and dedicated spouse´s name is Michele. We are currently in Mexico and we are making our way south. We are hoping to hop on a boat from somewhere in central america. I am 23 and Michele is 25. Niether of us have much sailing experience, but we are eager to learn. We speak french english and spanish. We love to cook and have a lot of experience with communal living. We would love to make it all the way to Australia with you if at all possible. Check out some photos from our travels at my flickr website if you want http://www.flickr.com/photos/kiply. We are both able bodied healthy and hard working. Your plans sound amazing and we would love to share them with you!
Old 03-30-2009, 04:31 AM   #27
Ensign

Thanks everybody for your posts. We have had to cancel our plans due to unforseen circumstances. We are going to try to reschedule for next year.

Thanks again
Old 03-30-2009, 06:23 AM   #28
Retired Mod

Home Port: Durban

Thank you for posting the update.