Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Crewfinder Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 02-09-2010, 07:09 AM   #61
Retired Mod

Home Port: Durban

It is in the event of an unfortunate accident that these laws/regs will be tested. The insurance company is likely to have a field day on this issue that would probably prompt criminal action as well. Personally, I would not wish to test this with my boat at stake, possibly in a foreign country. The law is the law. IMHO.

As I have stated previously, many cruisers indulge in this practice but it does not mean that it is "legal". "You take your chances"! Just don't upset a local, registered charter operator.

The World Cruising & Sailing Wiki

Help to build this free, online World Cruising Guide.

"Built by cruisers, for cruisers''

I've Contributed to the Cruisers Wiki: Most sections
Lighthouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:49 PM   #62
Lieutenant

Sleep in the wheel house for $10 lol..

Old 03-14-2011, 01:36 AM   #63
Ensign

This is obviously way too much, unless the guy is taking into account his boat amortization in the calculation of the cost.

But when it's about money, people quickly loose common sense: I had an "offer" to deliver my boat from San Diego to France at $700/day for the captain and $100/crew member (2) + fuel + food + marina fees + Panama + unexpected costs + flight tickets for everybody. This is minimum a 3 months trip and the delivery quote then turned out to be more expensive than the boat so that the best option would be to sell it for $1 to a true sea lover and buy a new one in France.