Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Cruiser's Message Buoy > General Message Board
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 09-27-2012, 12:29 AM   #1
Ensign

Home Port: pago pago
Question Pago pago as

Pago Pago, American Samoa.

NO postal mail receive businesses ? (reasonable)

Post Office just has PO BOXES and there is no carrier delivery.

General Delivery work ? A minus is if you miss something is such forwardable ? (a mystery)

It would seem like somebody would not mind to accept somebodies person mail but I guess nobody trusts a stranger.

Old 09-27-2012, 02:32 AM   #2
Admiral

Home Port: Darwin
Vessel Name: Sandettie

Generally, I expect if you are experiencing a problem; others before you will have had the same experience. Perhaps you should ask around, check the local Yellow Pages (if there is such an animal) and see if there is a registered mail forwarding company or individual who has a reputation for reliability.

Auzzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:55 PM   #3
Ensign

Home Port: pago pago
Default grrrrr

Again..most places have some business that offers such..

I do not know the problems involved but 'other' places must deal with them. Like the Northern Mariana Islands (sp?) -- US Postal System -- One sees some 'mail services' at least in a listing.

I have been sort of snooping for awhile and no-luck.It is as if everybody thinks something is crooked. (any mail they can review so..)

I think if there some place called Seafarers will let you use their address for mail. Maybe that is obsolete.

Oddly I just wanted to change an Amateur Radio call. (Samoa same USA FCC) I got a Samoa one some years ago and if I want to change it they go by mailing address and not psychical location. Sounds strange but anybody can research.

The local Amateur Radio Society (if it is still active) supposedly has a policy of not allowing usage of any of their addresses. They get requests all the time for people who want an American Samoa call.

Well..that is their policy...

BUT I already have one...

Something will show up eventually I guess. (or my return?)