Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Cruising Forums > Living Aboard > Pets, Children & Guests
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 10-06-2008, 07:08 AM   #1
Ensign

Default Are You Sailing From Phuket To Oz?

hi my name is lola,and i am in bali now and i have a question for you.*

i have two little dogs, pugs, who are my babies , and at the moment they are in thailand, phuket, in a boarding kennel.they are originally fom bali, but we went on holiday for 2 months to thailand and took the dogs with us, not realising that they couldnt easily return to bali. they cannot come to bali as its officially not allowed. my husband and i are western and we have been living in aisa for a year and a half, as my husband works offshore in the timor sea , for an australian company. he has just gotten a long term contract, and we will both be living out of australia from now on.

ok, here goes... i am looking for someone who is willing to bring my pups into oz for me by boat. basically, as the dogs have not been resident in an approved country for 6 months , (thailand and bali do not qualify) they cannot go into oz by air unless they go to live in a boarding kennel in singapore for 6 months. this is a horrible thought for me as the kennels are like prison.*

however, i have found if a dog arrives by ship into oz, they can be processed into the quarantine facility directly, skipping the 6 month requirement. they would still have to do quarantine in oz, but the oz quarantine is much more humane, and i could visit them regularly. just so you can read for yourself the regulations required, here is the link to the govt website.*

http://www.daff.gov.au/aqis/avm/vessels/less-25m/pets

as you see, pets arriving by sea basically can jump the queue, as if they arrive by air, they cannot come from an unnapproved country. if they come by sea, they can. so basically im trying to find someone to take them from phuket to perth . its a long shot i know, but im teribly desperate, and i was hoping someone might be sailing that way soon.

both my dogs are healthy, with all vaccinations, and are sweet wonderful little things!

basically i am wondering if you may be interested in helping us with this, or know someone who may be if you are not. we are willing to compensate the person, and if neccessary i can sail with the dogs .

thank you, i hope this isnt too crazy a request for you

*lola pikajaago

my number here in bali is 62(0)81236043508

Old 02-14-2009, 09:36 AM   #2
Ensign

hi, im sry im not writing with help for you, but i hope you might be able to help me. i am sailing to oz from the uk with my dog sheila. i am currently in greece and i was wondering how you have got on and what information you have. i was thinking of selling the boat and flying there because of the pirates in the gulf of aden. but it seems way to complicated because i think she has to be in the country of departure for 6 month's and i think its something similar to send her back to the uk. i think i will have to brave the pirates and sail there because she is more like a daughter than a pet and i wouldnt leave my daughter. i hope you can help. thanks, mark.

« Baby On Board | Hey »