The problem is our cats are rabies free, coming from a rabies free country, said Australia. Aqis will give us a health certificate stating this information which allows us to enter Canada. This certificate is what Canada has asked for. But Aqis won't give it to us if we stop off at any country that even has a chance of rabies. They said they would not put their name or stamp to any certificate if we planned to stop at any countries along the way. As we need this certificate to enter Canada with our two cats, we have happily agreed to sail non-stop. Aqis has now agreed to grant us the said certificate. So all is well in the world. Except my sleeplessness, worrying about our trip. It sure is a long way, but hey, we will just take it one day at a time, and one day we will arrive. And after much disscussion we (my husband and I) have decided that we won't be returning to Australia any time soon if ever. We may fly back to visit the kids but thats about all. No we will just become citizens of the world and keep travelling round until we choose another country to settle in. Now it is back to work on the boat, still got lots of jobs to if we are to be ready in time.
Lesley and Alan