Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums

Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums (https://www.cruiserlog.com/forums/)
-   Regional Piracy (https://www.cruiserlog.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   Piracy Reporting (https://www.cruiserlog.com/forums/f57/piracy-reporting-2077.html)

MMNETSEA 07-15-2008 09:22 AM

OFFICE OF NAVAL INTELLIGENCE

CIVIL MARITIME ANALYSIS DEPARTMENT

WORLDWIDE THREAT TO SHIPPING

MARINER WARNING INFORMATION

The Office of Naval Intelligence has authorized CruiserLog to circulate their report

"Threats to, and criminal action against merchant shipping and other vessels worldwide in the last 30 days." Piracy Report

They ask that if cruisers have knowledge of any recent attacks which are NOT mentioned in their reports, the Violence at Sea (VAS) desk may be contacted at commercial phone (301) 669-4905 or via e-mail: dpearl#nmic.navy.mil. Report may also be made to the National Response Center (U.S. Coast Guard) hotline: 1-800-424-8802 or the Maritime Administration

Office of Ship Operations, MAR-613, (202) 366-5735; FAX (202) 366-3954, e-mail: opcentr1#marad.dot.gov.

OR send message with details of the attack with the date - lat/long - weapons used - injuries ETC ETC... to CruiserLog (webmaster AT cruiser.co.za) and we will forward to the Office of Naval Intelligence.

Richard

MMNETSEA 07-17-2008 10:53 PM

Interesting article in The Economist of yesterday 17th July :--

Dangerous Places

Trim50 07-18-2008 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMNETSEA (Post 23586)
Interesting article in The Economist of yesterday 17th July :--

Dangerous Places

I hope things improve before we make our passage!

Lighthouse 07-18-2008 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trim50 (Post 23605)
I hope things improve before we make our passage!

Maybe we'll see you in Durban - IF you can drag yourself away from Thailand and Chagos.

Trim50 07-18-2008 11:48 PM

I really have my heart set on scuba diving for 2 months in the Red Sea and then the Med. I'll have a couple of Retired Navy Seals aboard for the diving and passage.

Gallivanters 08-14-2008 12:00 AM

Trim,

Greetings from Grenada!

We did the Red / Med route a few years ago - delightful! Explore the marsas along the coast, they're all great for diving at the entrances. And the islands off Eritrea are pristine.

Please ask your SpecOps crew if they know my old shipmate - Jim Cook - who was on the teams back in the 80's & 90's and have them, have him contact me. Jim and I did a WestPac cruise on the Kitty Hawk together and would love to get back in touch with him.

Thanks.

All the best,

Kirk McGeorge