Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums

Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums (https://www.cruiserlog.com/forums/)
-   Other Equipment (https://www.cruiserlog.com/forums/f47/)
-   -   Neco Windlass (https://www.cruiserlog.com/forums/f47/neco-windlass-2199.html)

dhawantari 08-27-2008 06:17 AM

hello,

I have a problem with brake friction of a Neco windlass model NM872. I need the manual or some technical suggestion.

Someone can help me?

MMNETSEA 08-27-2008 06:43 AM

Try Emailing this Company they may have a connection with NECO/Ratheon in England :_

mail#patdolan.com ( insert @ in place of #)

Also
if you go to this link you will find a label EMAIL if you click on that it will give you form to fill in and send to NECO Marine Systems -- :- >> NECO MARINE

eric42 09-28-2008 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhawantari (Post 24849)
hello,

I have a problem with brake friction of a Neco windlass model NM872. I need the manual or some technical suggestion.

Someone can help me?

Hi,

I also have a Neco NM872. The friction problem is usually caused by grease being applied to the friction taper when it should run dry.

Remove the friction taper/wheel assembly and wash out all the grease on the friction surfaces, reassemble with grease only on the shaft and keyway.

The problem of grease makes the friction hang in, then release with a bang! if this is your problem then you will know what I mean. If there are more serious/different problems then get back to me as I have just overhauled mine 100%

regards eric42

MMNETSEA 09-28-2008 09:21 AM

Eric, Welcome !

Thanks for the info, dhawantari asked for help about a month ago - he either fixed the problem or gave up.

Richard

Lighthouse 09-28-2008 11:24 AM

Eric

Thanks for the info - excellent for future reference on this thread.

Thank you.

lesliefrank 09-01-2009 03:26 PM

Hi

I have a different problem with my NECO windlass and I was hoping you might know the answer.

Recently it has started weeping what I first thought was grease from the bottom of the box below the gypsy. It could almost be a viscous oil rather than grease, and it comes out of a small slot about 1cm wide. Is there an oil reservoir inside the white box? Any ideas?

Julian

Leslie Frank