Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums

Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums (https://www.cruiserlog.com/forums/)
-   General Cruising Forum (https://www.cruiserlog.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   36' Cabo Rico Tiburon (https://www.cruiserlog.com/forums/f12/36-cabo-rico-tiburon-501.html)

kiwi 09-13-2006 03:27 AM

36' Cabo Rico Tiburon

Hi there, my wife and I have spied a 36' Cabo Rico Tiburon for sale and her lines and spacious interior has really caught our attention.

We are from new zealand and are unfamiliar with this design.

Can anyone share their thoughts on this yacht with us?

We are looking for a boat to take us across oceans and live aboard.

How well does she sail?

Are there any common problems that are associated with these yachts?

Full keel?

I have so far not found any reviews? Can any one point me in the right direction?

It has a perkins 4-107 40hp any comments?

Grateful for any help

Cheers

Mike

Auzzee 09-13-2006 05:14 AM

Hi Kiwi, Don't know much about the boat, but the 40HP Perkins is a legend. It is a design basically unchanged since Jesus was a lad. It is a very reliable, very basic, very strong 4 cylinder motor for which parts can almost be bought from your local supermarket. Every diesel mechanic in the world grew up on either the Perkins 4-108 or the GM 3-53 both of which I believe had their genesis as WW2 tank engines...So they are the object of great affection for oily souls everywhere..and I understand, both are still in production with relatively little change from the original. Best of luck. Dave.

Gallivanters 09-13-2006 08:28 PM

Hiya Mike,

Go to www.yachtworld.com where I just saw five Cabo Rico 36's listed. Check it out to see photos & descriptions. Asking prices range from $30K to $59K. There are also more than a dozen 38's listed as well.

Happy Hunting,

Kirk

Rod Headlee 09-17-2006 01:17 AM

Crealock design, Cabo Rico build quality, excellent choice for offshore work. Probably a little on the slow side. I've never sailed on one but have drooled over a few at the boatshows.