Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums

Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums (https://www.cruiserlog.com/forums/)
-   General Cruising Forum (https://www.cruiserlog.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   First aid, medical kit (https://www.cruiserlog.com/forums/f12/first-aid-medical-kit-6874.html)

Auzzee 01-11-2013 04:15 AM

Take a gander at the attached medical kit as distributed to the US military. It is less than $140 from Amazon and seems to be a really good starter. Any comments, especially from medical types, will be warmly welcomed.
FA110 M17 Medic Bag -

Lexx 01-11-2013 07:46 AM

Seems like a damn good kit to begin with ..add a few local items and it could be a great first aid kit... we are each different so our needs are also different but this kit seems to me to be a great starter kit for sure...thumbs up...

Lexx

Bigrock 01-12-2013 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Auzzee (Post 37065)
Take a gander at the attached medical kit as distributed to the US military. It is less than $140 from Amazon and seems to be a really good starter. Any comments, especially from medical types, will be warmly welcomed.
FA110 M17 Medic Bag -

I just took a look at that medical bag. There seems to be lots of different medical supplies for a great value. Even the size of the pack is decent. You might want to put the supplies in a water tight container rather then the pack sac. But other then that it looks like a great buy. Thanks for the link. Living Aboard Boats

Curtis

Auzzee 01-12-2013 08:04 AM

Thanks Curtis. The medical supplies in the above are packed for field work. Certainly, I will use plastic bags to seal some of the components, but I feel that to put all the supplies in a watertight container rather defeats the purpose of the design of the bag and may be a handicap when searching for appropriate items during an emergency. Perhaps the trick will be to put the entire, packed bag, into a garden waste plastic bag.
Cheers.

Auzzee 11-18-2015 02:43 PM

Every now and again, when I am in need of a little light entertainment, I go for a wander through the past on Cruiser Log. I couldn't resist bumping this subject. It is still important. But more than that we uncovered a man who was just a hair's breadth away from being able to walk on water. Very entertaining.

haiqu 11-19-2015 12:29 AM

Walking on water isn't such a big deal. Edward Hargraves (the well-known adventurer and gold rush publicist) walked across Rushcutters Bay for a bet once.