Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums

Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums (https://www.cruiserlog.com/forums/)
-   Pacific & Australasia (https://www.cruiserlog.com/forums/f52/)
-   -   From Australia to SE Asia (https://www.cruiserlog.com/forums/f52/from-australia-to-se-asia-9039.html)

Meielm 11-08-2015 11:45 AM

From Australia to SE Asia

Hello everyone!

Next year in the beginning of March I have to leave Australia and I had an idea of doing that on a boat and not a plane.
Hence I am looking for a boat where I could be as a crew member. As of this moment I am in Perth but the leaving location in Australia would not matter much.

I main coal is to get to Cambodia but if you would want to go anywhere else near by it would be okay with me. I just aim to get from Australia to SE Asia.

A good leaving time for me would be late February/ early March of 2016

If anyone is planning a trip and needs a hand on the deck then let me know and we can work something out!

All the best!

Mart

delatbabel 11-11-2015 12:33 PM

If you can get to Singapore or Johor Bahru by March of next year I have a boat that will be leaving there about then and heading across to Sihanoukville in Cambodia.

delatbabel 11-11-2015 12:34 PM

If you can get to Singapore or Johor Bahru by March of next year I have a boat that will be leaving there about then and heading across to Sihanoukville in Cambodia.

Of course you won't want to leave Perth much before about March unless you want to play pandybat with cyclones as you cross the Timor Sea.

haiqu 11-12-2015 02:16 AM

Pandybat? Last time I saw that word was in a James Joyce novel about 45 years ago.

delatbabel 11-12-2015 07:46 AM

My father used to use the word, meaning an implement of torture or punishment of some kind. That's where i got it from. Needless to say if a cyclone takes its pandybat to your a*** then it will be a sore and sorry day indeed.

MacroPolo 12-10-2015 04:47 PM

You are so crazy but I like it! But I wish you luck and hope you will do this. ;) Best wishes!