Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Cruising Crew Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 12-01-2012, 02:54 PM   #1
Ensign

Default Crew needed from South Africa to Canary Islands

Hello,

I am sailing around the world from The Netherlands with my wife. We are currently located in South Africa. From here I will starting the passages towards the Canary Islands without my wife and therefore need some extra hands. The passages will take about 2 months from South Africa to the Canary Islands with a total distance of about 5500 miles.

Total stay on board would end up at 2-3 weeks. Some experience is required and that should be at least competent crew equivalent.

The ship is an Amel Super Maramu, 16 m Ketch which has been fully upgraded and modified by myself. All expenses are shared, except fuel and maintenance. You will have to organize and pay for your own transportation to get to the ship.

Check out our website sailing yacht Helena and especially the "CREW" section before applying.

Cheers!

Rolf
sailing yacht Helena

Old 12-27-2012, 06:40 AM   #2
Pete

Home Port: Longhoughton

Rolf.
Not sure if you still require crew for your Canaries trip but if so I would be very interested in joining your trip, I am a really keen sailer with my Yachtmasters, I also have a pal Paul Who would also be happy to join the crew he holds his Day Skipper.
We are both enthusiastic team players with a passion for the sea, so if the vacancy is still available please drop me a line and I can fill you in with further information.
Best Regards. Pete

Old 12-27-2012, 05:44 PM   #3
Ensign

Hi Pete,

Thanks for your inquiry. Since I just got married last week, I have not finalised my crew yet. If you don't mind, please visit our website and read carefully through the "crew" section and "join as crew". If you then would still like to join, I would be happy to consider you as well. I expect to be selecting the crew in the next few weeks, so you're well in time.

I hope to hear from you and hope you had a good christmas!
Cheers,
Rolf & Boukje

Tags
africa, crew needed, island, south africa