Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Crew Positions Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 07-16-2014, 08:52 PM   #1
Ensign

Home Port: Anchorage
Default Looking for unpaid working passage from Panama heading West

Early 50's retired person, now a sailing bum. Currently in Panama. Looking for a boat leaving anywhere in Central America going more or less west. I would eventually like to work my way over to Asia, but am in no hurry. Any Pacific destination is fine with me.

If interested, please contact at chris d dickey at gmail dot com

Boating Resume of Chris Dickey

Objective: Deckhand or Mate position.
Summary: US Citizen, US passport, driver’s license, 100 ton Master Near-Coastal with sail endorsement, OUPV, OS, STWC95, non-smoker, non-drinker, drug free. I don’t get seasick.
Mature, careful, sober and intelligent. More than 20 years’ experience in problem solving. Experience working independently and as part of a team. I have done the corporate thing - the office thing. Now I am looking for a more active lifestyle with the quality of the experience being the prime motivation.
Qualifications:
USCG 100 ton Master Near-Coastal / OUVP licenses with sail endorsement. MMC: Ordinary Seaman, Radio operator license.
STCW95: Basic Safety Training. TWIC card.
Aircraft: Private pilot - single engine land (not current).
SCUBA: PADI certified open water diver.
Software engineering: Multiple computer languages, excellent computer skills.
Other: Simple cooking, maintenance, painting, fiberglass work, Etc.
Maritime Experience:
Spring 2011 – Current. Mate and deckhand. 2nd man on a two or three person boat.
Many separate boats, service from 5 days to 6 months, all sailboats of 33’ – 50’. Most of the trips were the owners needing help relocating their boats from one homeport to another: Two Atlantic Crossings, 2 Med deliveries, one trip from Maine to Puerto Rico, One Pacific crossing New Zeeland to Azores via Panama, Alaska’s Inside passage,
Aug to Nov 2013. Deckhand – Wanderbird expedition cruises.
“Wanderbird”. 90’ 147 GRT 1963 North Sea fishing trawler outfitted for expedition cruises. St. Pierre, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, and .Maine. Deck and Steward duties on a 12 passenger cruise ship.
May to Sep 2012. Educator / Deckhand – World Ocean School.
“Roseway”. 137’ 1925 Grand Banks Fishing Schooner. US east coast: WV to Nova Scotia. One of 5 to 10 educator / deckhands. All deckhand duties, plus teach short lessons to kids age 10 to 17 covering a variety of subjects.
Summers of 2006 – 2008. Deckhand.

Tags
panama