Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Cruising Crew Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 03-18-2013, 12:50 PM   #1
Ensign

Home Port: perth
Default Caribbean to Australia crossing

I am looking for a non paying crew, prefer a couple with sailing experience on catamaran's (our's is 60' Fontain Pajot). I am looking at departing St Martins approximately mid May or earlier. Basic food supplied. Any other arrangement are to be made privately.

Old 04-02-2013, 04:59 PM   #2
Ensign

Home Port: Chicago
Send a message via Skype™ to chael777

Hey Capt. Jack. I don't see how to contact you here, so I'll just invite you to email me at chael777 at gmail.com. I'm 26, single unfortunately, from Chicago, currently in Panama.

Old 04-04-2013, 01:30 AM   #3
Ensign

Home Port: Christies Beach

Hi Captain Jack,
I'm hoping you're still looking for crew for your upcoming trip - sounds like a brilliant opportunity.
I too am single, but I'm hoping this won't be a problem.
Completed my Day Skipper Theory and Practical last September. I am currently based in South Australia and happy to travel anywhere to start the trip. Completely flexible with time. Very good with remote locations, lack of privacy, small spaces, rough seas etc..!
Please get in touch with me at wee-alison at hotmail dot com and I'd be happy to provide more info.
Looking forward to hearing from you, Alison.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:00 PM   #4
Ensign

Home Port: Trois-Rivieres

Retired from dentistry since 2010, 48, completely flexible with time. In good health, non-smoker, skillful, enthusiastic and energetic, innovative with a good judgment and good sense of humor.
Last year I helped to bring back a 38 ft. catamaran from Jamaica to New York, passing by many islands in Carabeen sea. The 3 weeks journey was my first experience, I learned a lot and I can do most of the work to be done in board. Included night shift. I am a good assistant and I have no problem to follow the instructions. ( I spent 3 years in army in my twenties). I am a good cook and I like to fish.
I am meticulous, clean and respectful. My weakness is that, as a French Canadian I don't speak English 100% perfectly. ( I learned English in my twenties) . I am very functional, but it depends of slangs .......
I'm really looking forward to a new adventure on seas of the world. Normand Drolet
Old 05-05-2013, 09:53 PM   #5
Ensign

Home Port: Paris
Default Caribbean to Australia crossing

Hi Captain Jack,

I hope i am not too late. My name is Adrien, i am French and currently in Panama city where i am looking for a way to cross the Pacific (in order to realize an old dream of making a turn around the world without planes).
I speak fluently English and Spanish and i had some experience as a crew on a cargoship that made me cross the Atlantic and on a sailboat from Colombia to Panama through the Sab Blas Islands where I was cook and assistant for the captain.
I am available whenever possible if you think that my candidacy might suits your needs.
I hope to hear from you soon, do not hesitate to send me a private message on martinesco83 at hotmail.com

Regards,

Adrien
Old 05-09-2013, 08:04 PM   #6
Ensign

Home Port: San Francisco
Thumbs up 'Looking for a crew position aboard the Fontain Pajot

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain Jack View Post
I am looking for a non paying crew, prefer a couple with sailing experience on catamaran's (our's is 60' Fontain Pajot). I am looking at departing St Martins approximately mid May or earlier. Basic food supplied. Any other arrangement are to be made privately.

Ahoy Captain Jack,
I'm looking for a crew position aboard the Fontain Pajot. I have modest sail experience, sea legs and I'm available for your journey. I have no health problems or bad records, in great shape, former chef, construction, media/tech, boat, dive savvy. I can pay travel expenses to & fro and during as needed. Always eager to learn/exercise new maritime/nautical skills. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Lon
1-415-563-3596
1-415-516-9098 mobile
San Francisco
lon.richter at yahoo.com
www.aspectframing.com
Old 05-11-2013, 02:15 AM   #7
Ensign

Home Port: Auckland/Buenos Aires

Hi Captain Jack
I see I may be a bit late in replying to your post, but in the case that you still need people, I am interested.
I am 26, hardworking, have Day Skippers certificate and sailing experience in NZ (not open water though). very confident and happy around the sea.
I am currently in Argentina and looking for an adventure to get me home to NZ...
I also speak spanish which may come in handy in the Caribbean.

If you are interested, send me an email sofia.lardies (at) gmail.com

thanks!
Old 05-15-2013, 02:54 PM   #8
Ensign

Home Port: Utrecht
Default pacific crossing

Hello captain Jack,

I see you've had a lot of reactions already, but maybe you are still looking for a
crew?
I am an 29 year old veterinarian from the netherlands and together with my girlfriend (also a vet) we are travelling the world to help out animals in need, on a voluntary basis.
We love the ocean and sailing, are both fanatic divers. Unfortunately I do not have much experience on catamarans but I have on smal boats and sailed offshoren matches on an IMX 40 (monohull).
Right now we are working in the Galapagos. Our goal is to reach australie/ new zeeland and we have a project in Fiji we would like to help out. So we are looking for an adventurous way to do the crossing.
We are used to long working days and night shifts. :-)

Jochem
Old 05-16-2013, 04:19 PM   #9
Ensign

Home Port: Stockholm

Ah, captain!
This sounds too good to be true.

We would love to share our journey with you and contribute to yours!

We are a couple with sailing experience.
We can be at your location anytime soon.
Will e-mail you our CV:s, references, etc.

I just finished up work in Dubai/London and my work will now fly me anywhere and the one thing I would like to do is sail with my man from the Caribbeans to Europe. He is in Florida working on boats, ready to go aswell. Cause of our displacement we didnt think it would be possible this year, but now my work set me free and I love the vibe of your little add and the fact that you are doing precisely what we long for.

Would love to talk to you on Skype or phone ASAP to see if its possible for us to align beginning of next week when my office is flying me out.

Looking forward to connect, get to know you and align our mission!

My e-mail: ekblad_sara@hotmail.com
My Skype: Sara Isabella Ekblad
My nr: +971 562 660 115
My facebook: Sara Isabella Ekblad

My reception is a bit random here, so please send me yours and I will call you up!

Blesssss!!!

Sara

Old 06-05-2013, 03:18 AM   #10
Ensign

Home Port: sydney

Hello,
just saw your post today and we are very interested... Looks amazing.
We have been driving through Latin America for the last year and a half and are now in Costa Rica. Now is time to head back home to sydney and we would love the opportunity to crew on your yacht all the way back. It has been a dream of ours for a long time.
I am and extremely positive person, a team player and a hard worker. I am a PADI scuba and freediving instructor. I am fluent in Spanish and French. I love to cook and am happy to night watch. I have a little experience sailing in Sydney and Tampa bay and 6 years travel experience :-).
My partner is from Portugal, she is a yoga teacher and naturopath (and also an environmental engineer). She is fluent in English, Spanish and Portuguese. She also loves to cook and is great team player. We are both surfers.
We are going to Cuba on the 20th june for a week but after that can meet you wherever you want. Please let me know about any information you might need. Thank you
If you need more information, please send us an email to joanaprates2008@gmail.com
Old 11-14-2013, 06:22 AM   #11
Ensign

Home Port: Ipswich
Default Pacific crossing

Hi Captain Jack,

I hope I am not to late in responding to your post.

My name is Will I am a 23 year old ver experienced sailor. I am currently sailing with an Oyster 56 across the Indian Ocean having joined them in Australia and will be continuing across the Atlantic to Antigua for April next year. I will then be looking to sail across the pacific on another boat.

I am an extremely capable sailor comfortable doing night watches on my own. I am a very capable engineer with a degree in mechanical engineering.

To tell you a little more about myself I am a very active individual. I love to sail, travel, windsurf (advanced instructor), dive, hike, etc

Can provide more details of myself, CV and good references if required.

Please contact me if I might be of assistance.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Will

Willjones.waj@googlemail.com

Tags
australia, caribbean, crossing