Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Regional Cruising > Pacific & Australasia > Pacific Severe Weather
Cruiser Wiki

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 02-07-2011, 06:50 AM   #15
Rear Admiral

Originally Posted by danblu View Post

Hey JeanneP,

I'm guessing Queenslanders are getting the idea by now! Silver Raven! Great to hear you are ok. Along with most folks out that way. No doubt there will be emotional scars to come for many. What a miracle so few killed, well I've heard of one guy getting killed by carbon monoxide during the storm. I really thought there would be many casualties. Earthquakes and tsunamies are worse, when on the hard at least. I think queenslanders will have to start building grass huts or at least small , immensely strong homes. Hey maybe they could buy up all the old ferro sailboats and live aboard!!
Hay Bloke, the O.K. is in small print - ie - ok- , for you Peter, but for JeanneP it's a (term of endearment - but you are known as a 'Shelia' - in Aussie terms & that is reserved for the 'best of the best' - ie - 'chickie-babes' in the world) I personally can't thank you enough & JeanneP & everyone else as well. Bit numb (dumb - as well) & we're the one's well off!!!!!!! I'm still missing 4 families ( husb', wife & kids). That's a bother! Can't thank all of you enough EVER

Expression of concern - may well be of - - - not much concern to your every-day lives BUT so VERY important to our 'souls' out here. I Really Mean That so Much !!!! Thanks to you all !!!!!! I've lived through a few here including 'Steve' which was a tad bothersome at that time. A tad bigger for us here in Cairns & environs that this one & here we are almost all of us alive!!! Enough of all this. Thanks for your good wishes. Ciao james

Silver Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 08:41 AM   #16
Send a message via MSN to Qldcruiser

So glad to hear you guys are ok. Been pretty worried down here in Toowoomba. Good luck with your damage repairs. We have nearly cleaned up our mess and still assisting many people in the Lockyer valley.

Rob & Annette

Qldcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote