Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Cruising Forums > The Multihull Club
Cruiser Wiki

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 02-07-2010, 04:41 AM   #15

I suppose all of us yachties believe that our boats are more valuable than what the market dictates. For example if a Crowther 32 cat was built in 1986 and valued at $300,000 including tax,

I guess the owner's accountant would apply an annual depreciation, if 10% was the figure, 17 years later the boat's book value might read $50,000.

All that said, multihulls in this era, do hold their value compared to monos. BUT they must come from a good stable and have been well looked after and maintained.

MMNETSEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 05:04 AM   #16

Richard to digress slightly what i really should do is wait another 12 months. Making a living in the stock markets Im hesitant to splurg more on a used boat. wont go into it but things may change rapidly again, nothing will be spared including yachts. But Im impatient :-) Usa and europe hit much harder by deppression hence much cheaper boats, Aus and asia have fared the best so no panic there.

zorrro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 10:45 AM   #17

for me I need to be able to single hand and the owner has assured me it could be easily set up .I have not seen her yet as she is in Bali but its only a short hop.

sandrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 06:07 PM   #18

Originally Posted by sandrah' date='03 August 2010 - 06:39 AM View Post

for me I need to be able to single hand and the owner has assured me it could be easily set up .I have not seen her yet as she is in Bali but its only a short hop.

What boat are you talking about? The Crowther 34?
In 1986 we went cruising for a few years. After 20 years and 50+ countries and several oceans, we are STILL "cruising for a few years".

MV WATERMELON (New) | Cruiser's Dictionary, free ebook

= Cruiser's Dictionary, North America,
JeanneP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 03:22 AM   #19
Rear Admiral

Zorrro. Did you finally get anywhere in your search for 'the' right yacht. Keep in touch with all of us. If I can be of any assistance - get in touch, by all means - feel free. Wishing you all the luck you will need. Don't ever - loose this site as it's the best in the 'yachting' world. Let's hear from you & how you are going !! Ciao from 'down-under' james (Silverraven)

Silver Raven is offline   Reply With Quote