I'm socking away money in the hopes of buying my own stinking, leaking, cramped, endless project, money pit that you must love boat someday. But before I do such a wise thing, I'd like to get some more time on just such a flotilla of joy on the big blue ocean. That is hard to do considering that I'm land locked. I don't have much time (all that socking away of money) but can meet you most anywhere. Here's the scoop:
- I could meet you just about anywhere.
- I have only a month or so of which to grace, or curse, you with my presence.
- July, August, October, or November would work the best for me (because of that J.O.B )
- I've had a Hobie for about 10 years now, so I know the basic physics of sailing.
- I spent a week or two on a trimaran in the Whitsunday's, and the sails went up maybe twice (bummer), but got plenty of time trying to fix refrigeration issues, finding safe anchorage for a potential typhoon, and learning that wind against tide is bad.
- I want to work with you on the boat to get a decent feel of ownership, but I don't want to work on that fiberglass delamination issue you've been having for the last year and now would be a good time to spend two weeks fixing it because that'll show the new guy what owning a boat is like.
- I don't smoke, don't drink, do what I say I will, and am a pretty much all around responsible guy.
- I really don't like smilies, but I use them since the written word is difficult to show slight sarcasm.
that one is for good measure.
If there is such an opportunity out there, I'd be thrilled to know about it. If a landlocked fellow should be looking elsewhere, I'd love to know that too.
Thank you for your time