Hello everyone, Well "D" day has arrived. Yes we are departing for our mega non-stop sail to Canada, finally. Boy what a race it has been getting the boat ready. The 3-4 weeks that Alan was out of commission due to his Hernia operation really held up a lot of jobs. But hubby is now fully recovered and Gypseas Two is as ready as she is ever going to be. Our two cats have finally finished all their Vet appointments and now have their official clearance health certificate (thankgoodness). And we are considerably poorer, but it was worth it. We wouldn't leave them behind for any amount of money. So the cats are cleared, we are cleared, the boat is cleared so it's all go. And wouldn't you know it, the weather turned to custard. We have a strong wind warning out and 6 metre swells expected. So we will motor on down the river, anchor up and wait the three days we are allowed to before we have to leave the country. Then it is, next stop Canada. We will sail out of Bundaberg Queensland, Australia and then we will go south under New Calendonia, then up towards Kiribatti, then west of Hawaii and into the Juan De Fuca strait and into the Port of Victoria on Vancouver Island. We estimate about 8-10 weeks, but just to be sure I have about a years supply of food on board. You can never be to careful and you never know what wonderful adventure might occur on the way. We don't have any net access on board so the next time you hear from us we will be safely tucked up in Canada (we hope).
Cheers from the crew of Gypseas Two, Alan, Lesley and the cats Mia and Poppy.
If you see a bright orange ketch in the Pacific, give us a wave as pass.