You are cruising - you are anchored offshore - the cybercafe is a short bus ride from the beach - a small problem : Surf ! enough to make sure that carrying your laptop in the dinghy is not a good idea! You have to get a bunch of E-mails sent off asap - not sending happy birthday to Bank Manager not good politics!
Consider the Possibilities...
* Carry your web browser with all your favorite bookmarks
* Carry your calendar with all your appointments
* Carry your email client with all your contacts and settings
* Carry your instant messenger and your buddy list
* Carry your whole office suite along with your documents and presentations
* Carry your antivirus program and other computer utilities
* Carry all your important passwords and account information securely
Consider the Convenience...
* Have your favorite websites handy to recommend to a friend or colleague
* Have your presentation AND the required software ready to go for that big meeting
* Have your password with you if you want to bank online while traveling
* Have utilities handy when visiting family or friends that are having PC problems
Now you can carry your favorite computer programs along with all of your bookmarks, settings, email and more with you. Use them on any Windows computer. All without leaving any personal data behind. Check out http://portableapps.com
PortableApps provides a truly open platform that works with any hardware you like (USB flash drive, iPod, portable hard drive, etc).
It's open source program built around an open format that any hardware vendor or software developer can use.
The Portable Apps Suite™ is free. It contains no spyware. There are no advertisements. It isn't a limited or trial version. There is no additional hardware or software to buy. You don't even have to give out your email address. It's 100% free to use, free to copy and free to share.
So a small plastic bag with tiny hardware safely waterproof inside - who's worried about a little dunking as you reach the sandy beach ? !