Interactive sailing route planning tool – does it make a sense?
I have an idea to create free interactive sailing route planning tool for all sailors around the world.
I will really appreciate your advice!
Idea is to give to sailors ability to:
- Plan your route with any quantity of legs (waypoints) by simple double clicking on the map
- Use valuable information on map for route planning (eg marinas, anchorage, divesites etc)
- Divide route by sailing days (it will help to plan your vacation)
- Show all the details of route in spreadsheet below the map (coordinates, course to steer, ETA etc)
- Save route in your account for future use/editing
- Download track, waypoints, pdf-with all the details
Also there is an idea to allow registered users to add/edit valuable information for public use (after moderation), such as:
- Marina’s info
- Anchorage information
- Fishing point
- Shore POI’s
- Anything else?
All this data will be displayed on map as separate layer and will help sailor plan their trip. Sailors are able to add/remove points form map by simply mark/unmark checkbox.
Will this have any value for planning your sailing trip?
Please share your experience and help me understand the requirements better!