Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Crew Positions Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 09-20-2022, 08:12 PM   #1
Ensign

Home Port: Berlin
Default Europe to South America

Dear sailors,

I am looking for a sailing crew to join for an Atlantic crossing (start anywhere from europe) in October or November 2022.

My name is Moritz, 32 years old and I currently live in Berlin. I love music, climbing and sailing. After studying industrial engineering and finishing my PhD last year, I felt the need to dedicate myself to other things for now. Last year, I started writing a book on how we can live more satisfying lives while curbing the climate crisis. I have also given workshops on this topic. In addition, for the past four years, I have been organizing an annual festival with six friends that is all about art, culture and social change.

With the age of 14 I went sailing the first time and since then on a regular basis. Racing onboard a tall ship or cruising with friends inland or coastal waters. I do still have to earn my sealegs but with basic knowledge about the lines, steering and life aboard I’m sure I will.

Other ways I can support you on board:

- I like to cook vegan/vegetarian, also for larger groups (experience in large kitchens).

- I have worked a lot in event technology and am therefore practiced to take over responsible tasks at night (i.e. for night watches)

- I have craft and engineering skills

- I am very reliable, conscientious and highly motivated*

- I have been taking pictures for a long time and would be happy to document the crossing

- I play guitar and put on fluffy electronic music, so I can entertain you with a wide variety of music

and... I don't smoke and like to drink*(in company).

On the high seas and in court, as you know, you're in God's hands, so I'd be happy to spend an exciting, fun and wild time with you on the Atlantic. I will be up for some philosophical wine-talks about life as well as for a lot of fun and humor.*

Feel free to write me or just call +49 17682125458.

Best regards

moritz
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4130 copy.jpg  

Tags
america, europe, south america