Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Cruising Forums > General Cruising Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 02-09-2024, 11:36 PM   #1
Ensign

Home Port: gold coast
Default WARNING : Sailrite Machine (240v/international) version does not work with inverters

Bought a Sailrite 240v/international version and missed the fine print stating that it will not work with 240v inverters (only shore power).

Rather than sell it, i've since bought a 110v dedicated worker box and a inverter and will have to use that setup, and swap out the workerbox every time i wish to use the machine with 240 shore power and vice versa

Total cost currently $2484USD ($3800 AUD)

Consult with Sailrite directly but i assume this will also be the case if you are wanting to upgrade your older machine to the newer WorkerB motor (240v version)

Sailrite have been unappologetic to my situation. Apparently the go to boat sewing machine does not work on boats anymore (240v/international version).

to be clear it is not my specific inverter. It is ALL 240v inverters. This is an email directly from Matt at Sailrite (the video he provides are not available on Sailrite's website):

The key statements here are that no WorkerB will run from a 12V to 230V Inverter. And if you want it to work from a 12V to 110V inverter then you must have the WorkerB dedicated 110V box. This is not ideal but these are facts. The workaround is to have both boxes and switch back and forth. But in your case you would need a new inverter that outputs 110V.

These videos will help:

https://www.sailrite.com/WorkerB-100...Inverter-Tests

https://www.sailrite.com/WorkerB-110V-Inverter-Tests

Tags
sail