I am a bit bored of the "sail around singlehanded nonstop before getting off diapers" competition, so I have come out with ideas of other kind of world records.
What is your record in these categories? What category would you add?
1. Looooooongest time. The winner is the one who spent more time sailing around. Only those days count when the boat on water and you are on the boat.
2. Looooooongest route. The number of nautical miles before crossing your own route.
3. Greatest number of hops. The winner is the one who have made more stops. Any mooring or anchoring counts, even more instances in the same day, if they are in a different bay/marina.
4. Greatest number of crew. How many crew did you carry? Day trips, charter and tall ships do not qualify.
5. Longest singlehanded. Obviosly we have
to have a singlehanded category. The greatest number of nautical miles of sailing around while a crew member on board who can use only one or zero hand. Broken arm, disability, baby under 6 months and seriously unskilled members all count. Pets with missing legs and lizards with missing tail do qualify. The boat have to sail around, but it is not required to be singlehanded all the time, so babies are allowed to grow up, members to obtain skills, broken arm and missing tail to heal