This excellent "regular maintanance checklist
" by "MMNETSEA" should be used in conjunction with the "Ready for Sea
" list in the first post of this thread. Combine the two in your own "list" - print it and laminate it for reference on your boat.
1) Check Sea-Cocks for corrosion and function - bungs should be in close proximity.
2) Hose-clips double on any hoses below the waterline, on the engine , on pumps, on through-hulls, change any with suspect worm drives (often these are mild steel in S/S clamps) Replace clips on any hoses that are subject to pressure every year.
3) Check Bilge Pumps - service - clean
4) Check Bilges - limber holes - clean
5) Check Gas Cylinders - hoses (replace every 2 years with certified hose) Check lockers
6) Check Gasoline containers/hoses/compartments
7) Check exhaust system for leaks - include heat exchanger.
8) Check engine bilges for oil leaks
9) Check Prop shaft fittings for wear and leaks
10) Check Engine Mountings
11) Check Rudder Quadrant and shaft bearings
12) Check S/S rigging fittings for signs of hair cracks - especially swaged fittings, don't forget
the bobstay fitting.
13) Check life Lines and Stanchions for strength
14) Check batteries - engine and house - frequent checks on H2O and SG
15) Check for corrosion on electrical switches and MCBs
16) Check Ground Tackle
17) Check Anchor windlass
18) Check sails and stitching
19) Check Dan Buoy and life rings
20) Have Liferaft serviced at scheduled intervals