I am looking at connecting Maxsea so that it is able to receive info (NMEA) and send info to a Raymarine S3 Corepack Autopilot.
I have some questions however:
1. Can this bi-directional setup be done with one cable? My research tells me yes, but I need it confirmed?
2. I have heard about people having to convert from seatalk to NMEA - but the S3 has NMEA in/out connectors so I assume I dont have to do any conversion?
3. Sounds like I need to use a optical isolater, like : http://www.navstore.com/detail.aspx?ID=1724
coupled with a USB to RS232 convert?
4. What gauge wiring should I use?
5. The S3 gets a variety of info from a varity of sensors, ie Water Temp, Wind info GPS sentences - I assume this is then all included in the NMEA output from the S3?
All and any suggestions gratefully received.