Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Cruising Forums > The Multihull Club
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 11-08-2011, 01:58 AM   #1
Admiral

Home Port: Bundarra, NSW
Vessel Name: None

If the money were available now I'd buy this, but since it isn't maybe someone else on the forum can grab a bargain:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/boat...-421004321.htm

Rob

I've Contributed to the Cruisers Wiki: All sections
haiqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 01:02 AM   #2
Admiral

Here's one going at auction, super cheap:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/boat...-422016438.htm

Last time I checked she only had a NZ350 bid.

Rob

Old 11-26-2011, 05:00 AM   #3
Admiral

Here comes another one:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/boat...-426370394.htm

NZ$4900 and needs some work.

Rob

Old 11-26-2011, 05:08 AM   #4
Admiral

First classified above has expired, no bidders at NZ18,000

Here's the new ad for the same boat:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/boat...-425149645.htm

Rob

Old 12-07-2011, 04:14 AM   #5
Ensign

hi looking at buying a 1995 well built well equipped john marples constant camber wood epoxy 44 trimaran in good order . Any ideas what you think it would be worth in your area and currency, would still prefer a cat but tris seem way less popular and so can be better value,tho a lot harder to resell later. http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=131580965 not sure if that will work as alink or you will find it at trademe.co.nz then search for 44ft trimaran, we have pretty much agreed on a price subject to sail and inspection but just don,t want to end up paying way too much. you can also see my cat for sale same site under catamaran mitchell 36 http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=385578808
Old 12-07-2011, 04:15 AM   #6
Ensign

There can't have been that many Shockwave 36's built. I understand this one had just undergone a big refit with the addition of a central chicken coop arrangement. Theres another 36 located in Carnarvon with a solid bridge deck added. Do you Know the origins of Mai Tai. Was it Pumkin eater by any chance?
Old 01-11-2012, 08:03 PM   #7
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by traona View Post
There can't have been that many Shockwave 36's built. I understand this one had just undergone a big refit with the addition of a central chicken coop arrangement. Theres another 36 located in Carnarvon with a solid bridge deck added. Do you Know the origins of Mai Tai. Was it Pumkin eater by any chance?
G'day there. My name's james val jackson, 72, male, live in Kuranda, inland from Cairns, Far North Queensland, been a yacht builder/ repairer/ sailor/ cruiser & racer for over 40 years (don't want to be that old). I saw Mai Tai - in Darwin last year - up on the hard - before being 'fixed-up'. Can't remember if it was 'Pumkin-eater' or not but you could contact the MANTA yard in Darwin directly (I'll get you the contact there - if you wish) or I can get in touch with some of the sailors that are also in that yard, again if you wish? Word of advice; be very careful about all & or any - older - rebuilt multihulls, Please - for your sake. PM me if you wish to talk. Again - same be same - about the Crowther 'Shockwave' in Carnarvon - could chase that down - as I've got some contacts in the multihull scene here in OZ. I used to sail with & against Locki & also raced many of his boats so the association goes back a long while. Ciao for now, james

Good luck - but be very VERY cautious - Please. Shop with great care. Ciao, james on 07-40-93-9900 - Australia - if you wish.

Tags
trimaran