Phuket to Pattaya End November 2012
good to be back on cruiserlog after something of an adrenalin infused sabbatical on the Match Race circuit.
would be grateful for any advice / recommendations on the following:
1. planning to depart Yacht Haven, Phuket on 29 November 2012 to deliver at 40 foot steel yacht up to to Pattaya
2. would be grateful for any information on wind weather water around that time from Phuket heading further south along the West Coast of Thailand
3. also for any information on what kind of wind weather water one can expect when one enters the Malacca Straits
4. likewise, for any information on conditions after rounding singapore in the Gulf of Thailand all the way upto Pattaya
5. do you think 120 miles per day is a logical estimate? the boat is equipped with a Yanmar 48HP engine and does 5.5 knots cruising but hope to sail at least 40% of the time, conditions permitting
6. what would the immigration formalities involve for an Indian passport with a Thai visa boarding the vessel in Phuket and making the trip?
7. what would the vessel clearance formalities involve while departing Phuket? would there be any formalities for transiting Malaysia and Singapore waters although there is no plan to stop over? would there be any formalities while arriving into Pattaya at Ocean Marina?
thanks in advance for all your assistance / inputs / help