Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Cruising Crew Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 07-08-2013, 03:01 AM   #1
Ensign

Home Port: Mooloolaba
Vessel Name: SV Eagle Spirit
Default Crew wanted Singapore to Darwin November 2013

Wanted crew of 2 or 3 for a passage from Langkawi or Singapore to Darwin in November 2013 through Indonesia. Must have some experience in sailing yachts or boats. Skipper is prepared to teach anyway. Could have or do a RYA yacht Crew course before stepping aboard.
Absolutely no Recreational drugs, must be only a casual drinker of Alochol and purchase own.
Expect Crew to pay for Visas, Part Cait Sailing permit. Must contribute food say around US$20 a day maximuim usually much lower. This food and cooking is on a shared basis. Sorry on Vegans to many feeding problems.
Expect a 30 to 40 day passage, yacht is 50 foot plenty of room.
Have enough finances to fund your own way and demonstrate that incase you are not compatible with the crew and Skipper and are put off the boat.
You must have legal Visa entry for Australia to board the boat.
Must be able to Cook, Sail, participate in boat repairs, maintenance and cleaning, stand watches during the day and night, have a pleasant personality, be a calm person, not nervious, be able and prepared to take instruction without arguement ( the skipper is the Skipper).
There is a limited communcations on the boat no internet, email, texts, We have a VHF and HF radio with limited email capacity on board for emergencies only.
Who will be on board? Skipper, 1 or 2 others one males, one female at this stage.
Must bring aboard own inflatable PDF with harness or pay skipper to provide one at cost.
Binoculars, Sunglasses ( several), Sailors knife and shackle tool (2). Sheets, sleeping bag, one storm jacket and pants, ski googles, flash light n Batteries,
Personal hygene products ( You cant buy them on the water of in many villages). Reading literature a Kindle or similiar loaded with ebooks are great. (be prepared to share a bit) There are a few other things but dont bring a truckload of luggage. Also be prepared to have the Skipper check you luggage for drugs and contraband. He will go to gaol not you if there are any drugs on the boat.
Males and females are most welcome to apply, but beware, privacy on any yacht is at a premium and in the tropics, nudity is not uncommon on this boat- this applies to both sexes and can be troublesome if not fully confronted - if you've got any "hang-ups" dont come. If you suffer from depression dont come. If your mood swings dont come. if you are not a person who can communicate on a personal level this is not for you,dont come.
Read all the literature for Crew Tips and information.
Once you are on board it is at your expense if you decide to jump ship.
It can be an adventure, a personal uplifting experience but it is a long way with a crew you must get on with.
Saying all that its a great time to challange you personally and have memorable adventure

Old 07-25-2013, 08:37 PM   #2
Ensign

Home Port: Regina

I am interested in more details as I am a Canadian that has done some sailing along the Canadian west coast. I will be in the Singapore area Oct-Nov and am always seeking adventure. Please feel free to message me and we can go from there.

Cheers

Trapper

Old 08-01-2013, 09:47 AM   #3
Ensign

Home Port: Portsmouth

Hello,

I am from the UK and will be in SE Asia in November looking to crew to Australia. I have RYA yachtmaster theory and dayskipper practical. I have experience of long distance crewing (Turkey to Goa, 2006), and working on boats professionally. I am willing to contribute to boat costs within reason and am a good cook it would be good to discuss with you further.

Kind regards,

Ed
Old 08-05-2013, 09:46 AM   #4
Looking for a boat

Home Port: london

Hi,
I am Krystel From France.
I am doing an internship in London until October.
I planned to come in Australia around november, so it would be great to join you crew for this amazing trip.
I do race sailing since about 4 years with my school's sailing team.
I really love race sailing, but I also like cruise
I use to live with others ( flatemates, or for example for some race sailing we often have to stay about 10 days together in the boat).
If you are still looking for someone please let me know !

looking forward your answer,

Krystel

I
Old 08-27-2013, 09:54 AM   #5
Ensign

Home Port: Oslo

Hello,

I'm Carl from Norway. I'm very interested in this trip. I have a lot of sailing experience (10 years ++), most coastal sailing but also some ocean sailing. I'm interested in more details. G_lie@hotmail.com

Kind regards

Carl