This small marina is The Bali International Marina in Benoa Harbour - Bail Island - Indonesia.
The Benoa harbor leads begin at the Sea Buoy at 8°45'14 S, 115°14'55 E. Follow the leads (just below a lone palm tree on the hill above) --on a course of 255True, past buoys #1 and #2 to the beginning of the dog-leg channel. Maintain a course close to the Red (left) side channel markers (stay clear of all Green markers). Continue 30 meters past the last Buoy #8 before turning North - (staying close to the main ship wharf - portside) - to the Marina, located at 8°44'28"S and 115°12'48"E. We do not recommend night time approaches without prior experience -- Very dim navigation lights against a bright background. We recommend a slack-tide arrival if possible. In fact, the port is officially closed at sundown if you're concerned about your yacht insurance. Approach chart:-
VHF 77 for assistance.
Upon arrival, the Indonesian Government requires all yachts to have, in their possession, the following documents:
* A Passport valid at least more than six months from the date you will enter Indonesia. (check your expiration date)
* A “CAIT” (or Cruising Permit).
PLAN AHEAD! The process takes 7 weeks. The CAIT is issued for 90 days. If you wish to stay longer in Indonesia --- NO PROBLEM. We can process another CAIT.
* Your last port clearance and boat registry.
* Tourist visas will be issued at selected gateways: Airports: Medan, Pekanbaru, Padang, JKT, Surabaya, Bali & Manado.
ATOURIST VISA ON ARRIVAL (Visa Kunjungan Saat Kedatangan) will be issued on arrival for 30 days for US$ 25.00 for selected countries . Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Canada, Cyprus, Denmark, Dutch, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Iran, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Japan, Kuwait, Laos, Liechtenstein, Luxemburg, Maladies, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Russia, Rep.People of China, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Suriname, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, UAE, UK, USA. Countries not on this list must apply for a visa at the nearest offshore Indonesian Embassy / consulate.
A FREE TOURIST VISA ON ARRIVAL for these countries : Brunei Darussalam, Chili, Hong Kong (SAR), Macao (SAR), Malaysia, Morocco, Peru, Philippine, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
Tourist visas will be issued at selected gateways:
Airports : Medan, Pekanbaru, Padang, JKT, Surabaya, Bali & Manado.
Seaports : Batam, Tanjung Uban (Bintan), Tanjung Pinang, Tanjung Balai Karimun, Belawan (Medan), Sibolga (Sumatra), Dumai, Teluk Bayur (Padang), Tanjung Priok (Jakarta), Tanjung Mas (Semarang) Padang Bai & Benoa (Bali), Tenau (Kupang), Maumere, Pare-pare, Bitung (Menado),and Jayapura (papua).
* It is recommended that all yacht apply for A SOCIAL BUDAYA VISA ~~ with our sponsor letter and CAIT in hand, you will receive a visa good for 60 days at the nearest Indonesian Consulate (in Darwin, the Consulate fee is A$60.00). You can extend this visa before the 60-days visa expire, every 30-days up to 4 times. We charge Rp.500.000,- or US Dollar equivalent per person for a sponsor letter. (See the CAIT page on this web site).
* A Crew List , which matches the names and passport numbers on your “CAIT”, will be issued on arrival. We strongly suggest that all crew and/or visitors to sail with the boat in Indonesia are listed on the CAIT before hand.
Information courtesy of Bali Marina.