The Yacht Haven — 08°10.2'N 98°20.5'E
At the north end of the island, this lovely marina makes up for what it lacks in maintenance facilities with peace and tranquility, and few mosquitoes. It is the island's largest marina in terms of berths and has easy access to the starkly beautiful cruising grounds of Phang Nga Bay.
While the marina has all-tide access via buoyed channel (minimum depth 2.5 metres) separating Phuket from mainland, yachts should be wary of the strong tidal steam, and wait for a slack tide to enter or leave the marina. Note that tides here are about 1:45 hours behind the tidal predictions for Koh Thaphao Noi.
If arriving after office hours, arrange in advance for assistance. Or anchor just to the north of the marina and wait until morning. Marina is 15 minutes from Phuket airport (taxi 200-300 baht) and a 40-minute drive to Phuket town (500-600 baht). By sea, it's about five hours north of Ao Chalong.
• 158 wet berths for vessels up to 20 metres
• dockage space for superyachts 40 metres plus
• floating docks accessed by locked gates
• 24-hour security
• toilets and showers a short walk from docks
• 220-volt power supply to berths
• water to berths is spring fed and safe to drink
• fuel dock, or delivered to your berth
• three restaurants/pubs nearby
• Internet access, but no plugs for laptops
• mail holding
• full-service laundry (by the kilo)
• taxi service
• car and motorbike rental
• charts available
The Yacht Haven
141/2 Moo 2, Tambon Maikhao
Tel: 076 204 705 (+66 76 204 705 outside Thailand)
Fax: 076 206 706 (+66 76 206 706)
Office hours: 0800 to 1700, seven days a week