Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Cruiserlog's Yacht Club > The Tavern | Welcome Aboard
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 10-31-2009, 12:33 PM   #1
Ensign

Hi to all of you, just thought I would take this opportunity to introduce myself I am Steve and departed UK in 2003 from Conyer Creek on the east coast in my Granada 31, Ad Lib II. Worked my way along the south coast to Plymouth, managed to find an excellent shipmate, Phil Tadd, to assist me across Biscay to La Corunya, Spain. Then, after he flew home I continued down the west coast of Spain and Portugal into the Algarve where upon I managed to run onto a Tuna net to the east of Faro, where I spent my first winter reairing the damage. Faro is a great place btw and Carlos who works in the yard became a good friend. From there I continued down to Gibraltar, Balearics, Sardinia, Pantelleria, Malta and ended up in Agios Nicholas, Crete. Love the place even though the sailing can be wild and windy at times and have over wintered here for three years now. Time to move on next year but no descision as to where yet. Ciao Steve.

Old 10-31-2009, 01:23 PM   #2
Retired Mod

Home Port: Durban

Welcome aboard Steve.

Please make youself at home and join in the friendly discussions - you have much to share with us all.

Welcome!

The World Cruising & Sailing Wiki

Help to build this free, online World Cruising Guide.

"Built by cruisers, for cruisers''

I've Contributed to the Cruisers Wiki: Most sections
Lighthouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 03:31 PM   #3
Moderator/Wiki Sysop

Home Port: Samos
Vessel Name: S/Y Thetis

Welcome Steve. In addition to the forums Cruiser Log has a World Wide non commercial Cruising Guide. It is wiki which means that it is maintained by fellow cruisers. Most of our members will be very appreciative if you look over the places that you have been and update or add information. A good place to start is: Mediterranean Cruiser Guide.

Vasilis

The World Cruising and Sailing Wiki

Help to build this free, online world Cruising Guide

Built by cruisers, for cruisers.

=Mediterranean,Black Sea,North Atlantic,Caribbean
I've Contributed to the Cruisers Wiki: Mediterranean, Black Sea, Atlantic
Istioploos is offline   Reply With Quote