Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Cruiserlog's Yacht Club > The Tavern | Welcome Aboard
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 07-02-2008, 03:25 AM   #1
Ensign

Talking

Hi to All,

We are the new (proud) owners of Lady Guinevere, she is a beaut boat & has quite a history. For Caroline & I (Paul) this is our first yacht & a real change for us, we are looking fwd to the learning curve & sharing our experience with other such minded people from all over. At present she is in landkawi about to go on the hard for a few months so we can give her a bit of spruce up, ready for our next venture. In the mean time we would love to hear some tales from her past both good & bad, have you seen her? Do you have any photo's? was she always British racing green? I'm sure Keith can (prior owner) answer these questions but thought it would be fun to see the response from others.

Bye for now.

Cheers

Paul

Old 07-02-2008, 05:51 AM   #2
Retired Mod

Home Port: Durban

Welcome aboard Paul and Caroline - good to have you here amongst our friendly crew.

Congratulations on your recent aquisition - may you have many years of enjoyment and memorable cruising.

The World Cruising & Sailing Wiki

Help to build this free, online World Cruising Guide.

"Built by cruisers, for cruisers''

I've Contributed to the Cruisers Wiki: Most sections
Lighthouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 06:46 AM   #3
Admiral

Paul and Caroline, big

What a small world - over the years I have called KO6AV and before that KD6CT and back would come the dulcet tones of Kieth or sometimes Diane. Sometimes from Cochin India, or Lankawi, or Australia, or Indonesia, or Singapore or Thailand or from the Maldives or from that really far off cruising place : the Chagos Archipelago in the middle of Nowhere. (exchanged weather, news information, general chat etc.. maybe more than a thousand times over the last 8 or 9 years)

Tales yes, I have many of Lady Guinevere and more of Kieth Holmes my friend - we both served our different countries in the military squadron of the same name - but those for another time.

All I can say, Lady Guinevere is a great example of the Hans Christian lineage and how well has Kieth looked after her!

Richard
Old 07-22-2008, 06:33 AM   #4
tel
Lieutenant

[

Hello Paul and Caroline...a think your new boat is a green Hans Christian 43. I'm in Hobart Australia and sail about local waters and sometimes a bit further afield, such as Ndw Zealand. We have an Australian boat called a Swanson 36, which are an older (1975) strong boat well known in this country for cruising. I think you have nice solid boat there with the Hans Christian and good luck with the work you're doing on her, although I suspect that because she's been cruising on the deep blue sea that she'll be in pretty good trim already for offshore. I hope you have a lot of fun. I'm sure you will.
Old 07-22-2008, 07:52 AM   #5
Ensign

Thanks for the responses,

We are truly stoked with our new home & very happy with the interest shown through your comments.

Richard, you mentioned a squadron of the same name, i assume you are Australian & if so than you may well know my father (also a cuising yachtman) Jim Grierson who was also in the regiment. It was uncanny the association i had with Keith without ever meeting him prior to the day i looked at the boat. I think the boat will be a good omen for us!

I'll be sure to pass on your kind words for Keith when i see him next.

Cheers for now.

P&C
Old 07-22-2008, 09:52 AM   #6
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by tel View Post
Hello Paul and Caroline...a think your new boat is a green Hans Christian 43. I'm in Hobart Australia and sail about local waters and sometimes a bit further afield, such as Ndw Zealand. We have an Australian boat called a Swanson 36, which are an older (1975) strong boat well known in this country for cruising.
Hi Tel in Taz,

Like the Swanson - good design tough boat :-

Click image for larger version

Name:	Swanson_36.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	10.7 KB
ID:	531

Yes, I seem to remember Lady G as being a British Racing Green Cutter :-

Click image for larger version

Name:	Lady_Guinevere.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	532\

Richard
Old 07-22-2008, 10:02 AM   #7
Admiral

Hello Paul and Caroline,

Not an Australian but also a Colonial from the right hemisphere. Yes, Please give my salaams to Kieth, last time I spoke to him - he had rented a huge house in Kuah.

Richard
Old 08-11-2008, 06:44 PM   #8
Rear Admiral

Small world - Big Yacht Club!

Keith sold his Lady???

Where are they now? Did they get another vessel or swallow the anchor? We met them in Langkawi and were great friends... I'd LOVE to contact them.

To Life!

Kirk
Old 08-11-2008, 11:29 PM   #9
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallivanters View Post
Where are they now? Did they get another vessel or swallow the anchor? We met them in Langkawi and were great friends... I'd LOVE to contact them.

Kirk
Hi Kirk, yes, swallowed the anchor - I will send you Keith's contact details via PM

Richard
Old 09-23-2008, 12:45 AM   #10
Ensign

Struggling with this.............(Must be easier for "sailors")

To Paul and Caroline:

Congrats and best luck with your new boat !

Spent time with Keith Holmes here in cold CT when he lived aboard his Guinevere 43 Endeavour Ketch. Again when we chartered in Eluthera.

Would love to get in contact with him - can you send details ??

Thanks,

Guy Sanderson