Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Crewfinder Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 11:09 PM   #1
Ensign

Boat size & type: .. Cape George Cutter 31'

Embark port: .. Canaries, probably Las Palmas

Estimated departure (or join) date: .. First week of December

Arrival port & ETA (or voyage details): .. Barbados, then Tobago & Trinidad. About a month.

Number of other crew aboard (Skipperplus): .. Skipper plus you

Crew qualifications required and duties: .. Watchstanding and sailing.

Cost to join vessel and repatriation is paid by: .. No cost. You must have return airline ticket before boarding.

Estimated equal-share contribution to food/drinks: none

Note: No contribution towards any other costs (fuel, propane, fees, marinas, etc.) is required from crew.

More info
: ..

Seeking one crew member for passage to Barbados and optionally on to Tobago and Trinidad. Ideal candidate would be looking for miles to complete Yachtmaster or Ocean YM or similar. (I have sextant for celestial observations. And 4 GPSs among the extensive equipment.) If you are not as qualified but want to learn that may work too.

I have been cruising for 16 years and am looking for some help to head towards home. My intent is to make the trip as enjoyable as possible. If interested please get in touch and we can discuss further.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Lastovo1_Photo.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	633

Old 09-28-2008, 07:32 PM   #2
Ensign

hello greg;

i´m josep frome menorca, spain, 44 years old, male.

i´m interested to join you to cross the atlantic,

i have some expirience in blue water sailing, one atlantic crosing and one pacific crosing

two years ago frome new zealand to argentina with a 40 foot boat.

i´m very easy going, and if you are now in spain i can come to visit you,

or if you prefer feel free to ask me any question, i can hel watching, sailing, cooking.

if you want to contact me ,

my e-mail is joseprtw@mixmail.com

i hoppe to hear frome you soon.

Old 09-28-2008, 09:12 PM   #3
Ensign

Hi Josep,

Thanks for the post.

I am busy at the moment getting ready to leave Gibraltar for Madeira. I will be reviewing the situation and contacting people after I get there, but for the next week or so I won't be able to pursue this.

I will be in touch.

Greg
Old 09-29-2008, 06:46 PM   #4
Ensign

Hi Greg.

I am also interested in accompanying you on your voyage and could be available to crew as soon as the 1st of November from either Gibraltar or the Canaries.

Here is my post on the Crew looking for positions forum: http://www.cruiserlog.com/forums/ind...howtopic=10188

Thanks

Colin
Old 09-30-2008, 04:55 PM   #5
Ensign

hello greg:

i´m josep,

and i just mail you to tell you i will be stand by and any option for me is fine , if not no problem,

any other chance will come,

hope to hear frome you soon,

josep
Old 10-11-2008, 02:05 AM   #6
Ensign

Hey Greg!

I`m Stefan, 27 year-old German, working right now on a farm in Switzerland. I would like to cross the Atlantic on boat, just have little sailing experience on lake, but will and ability to learn and work. I speak English, Spanish, Turkish and French.

You can reach me at: stefanwelinsky@gmx.de or by phone 0049-7533-4858 or 0041-32-4891873 or 0041-76-4670469.

Would be glad to hear from you!!

Stefan
Old 10-11-2008, 03:16 PM   #7
Ensign

Greg,

Hi !

Sounds interesting.Iam 53,single, Engineer by education who has just taken semi retirement from his business to satisfy my fav passion of travel. While I have travelled a good part of world, I have no experience on the sea.I would love to learn it and enjoy doing all what it needs to work along with you and be of any help to my Captain ! and have fun in the process.

Since I am not commited to anything yet, I can choose flexible time schedule without any problem.

If you can handle this excited enthusiastic novice, please reach me on my e-mail and we can discuss and plan further.

Regards,

Bob

bob500@ymail.com
Old 10-26-2008, 08:24 PM   #8
Ensign

Hi there Greg,

My name is David Crennen and I'm a 25 year old American male, currently working in Amsterdam.

I have about a month sailing experience on a 17 meter Chinese Junk - plus cooking, maintenance and computer skills. I also speak Japanese and some Spanish.

I spent the last 3 years living in Japan as an English teacher and since July I've been backpacking my way around the world - trying to get back to America by any means except flying.

Drop me a line at crennen@gmail.com if you'd like to know more!

Thanks,

David
Old 11-08-2008, 02:17 PM   #9
Ensign

Hello Greg,

I wonder if you feel you've found your perfect candidate yet... if not, i would love to accompany you on your voyage!

my name is Adam, and im a 25 year old male, originally from Israel (but have dual British citizenship)

Although I don't have any experience on sailboats, i am very enthusiastic about pursuing a new sailing-oriented life at this period.

Im a fast learner, able-bodied and technically oriented, ive been travelling the world for the past 4 years experiencing the world through all of my senses, and it feels as though learning to sail is a natural t to take now.

I would love to acompany you on your journey, and learn all you have to teach me about sailing,

in return, i will be a fast attentive apprentice, will cook us fabulous meals (even with limited supplies and space), share my love of music,

give the assurance of a fully trained army medic (I served for three years in the IDF) and will be flexible and open-minded to whatever arises on a voyage like you are planning.

I'm currently in france, heading to spain in the next few days, and can easily get to the location of your choice at any specified date in december.

I would appreciate any kind of feedback in response to this message.

Thankyou and Farewell

Adam

Adamdavies123@gmail.com
Old 11-15-2008, 12:45 PM   #10
Ensign

Hi Greg

That is one of my dream..... but only if you tell me yes this week , because I am in Egypt now and on 21. nov is my flight to India. From India it would be to far to come back to Europe.

you can see my profile on CS ....

http://www.couchsurfing.com/mapsurf.html?SEARCH[skip]=0&view=detail&sid=1dded56c58ca46c9807b0f735c29f98 f

vayugi@gmail.com

may the wind will be with you !

Vayu G
Old 12-02-2008, 01:34 PM   #11
Ensign

Hi Greg

I'm Chris White and I have just finished a delivery from Sardinia to Southern Turkey (1,400 plus sea miles) . I am a RYA qualified day skipper

I am currently in SIMI a Greek isalnd buit could join you at short notice. I have just disembarked and am looking at my options before making any decisionbs about where to travel to.

If you are still looking please get in touch ASAP. I am currently using a Greek SIM card +30 6909 79 57 59

Look forward to hearing from you.

Chris White
Old 12-02-2008, 06:05 PM   #12
Ensign

I'm Volkmar, more than 60. I have licences for sailing, VHS and diving. Experiences over 8000 nm in MM and Atlantic. I'm an Austrian man. In this moment I stay in Gran Canaria, Las Palmas, waiting for a skipper wich can need me.

Pleas call me: +34696531600. More obout me: www.segelnumdiewelt.at

Regards

Volkmar
Old 01-05-2009, 11:05 PM   #13
Ensign

I am in the Canaries now and will be departing shortly after a month delay. I have a crew member arranged.

Thanks for all of the responses. Between here and 7knots I have been overwhelmed with offers, so my apologies for not responding to everyone individually.

Fair winds,

Greg
Old 01-06-2009, 07:45 AM   #14
Retired Mod

Home Port: Durban

Thanks for posting the update.

Topic now closed.

The World Cruising & Sailing Wiki

Help to build this free, online World Cruising Guide.

"Built by cruisers, for cruisers''

I've Contributed to the Cruisers Wiki: Most sections
Closed Thread

Tags
atlantic, atlantic crossing, crossing, trinidad