Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Cruising Forums > General Cruising Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Join Cruiser Log Today

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-18-2010, 11:24 PM   #1
Commander

Home Port: Stockton, MO
Vessel Name: Ceilidh

Some members here dropped us a line and asked us to fill forum members in on our current progress so here goes: The house still hasn't sold in this wonderful financial climate and we are not holding our breath waiting for the economy to improve... We are currently working on alternate plans to get us out cruising full-time and not count on the house selling.

On a good note, I just returned from Chapman School of Seamanship after PASSING the tests and receiving the required documents to turn in to the USCG for my 100 Ton Near Coastal Masters License! Yeah!!! With my sea service documented as it is I should get the 50 Ton license and I got the Assistance Towing and Sailing endorsements.

Still working as a paramedic inland, but trailering a smaller sailboat to the coast every few months to log near-coastal time.

Almost have the refit done on the Pearson Vanguard... Nothing like a brand new 1966! The Tartan is such a dream to sail that the Pearson isn't as missed as we thought she would be. While I was in Stuart, Florida I stopped by Seaward and looked at one of the new Hake's. The Hake 32 may end up being the next boat, but I learned that they are building a 40 plus footer at the moment so we will wait to look at it. They have an electric raised keel that allows cruising through skinny water! A monohull that can get into the beaches like a cat'!!! They use Anderson winches right from the start! Not a Tartan, but they are well engineered and easy to trailer and repair so I am impressed...

We would like to be on the water full-time already, but we are still on track and making progress.

See you out there,

(The other) David & Brenda