Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Cruiserlog's Yacht Club > Cruiser's Market
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 08-21-2013, 06:17 PM   #1
Ensign

Home Port: Duluth MN
Vessel Name: Felicity
Default Pur e 40 Watermaker for sale

We would like to sell our watermaker as we have decided to sell the boat and do some land cruising. It was purchased in 2000 and has only been lightly used, it was never our sole source of water. It has been well taken care of, run at least yearly, biocided, etc. It has never been in the boat in freezing temperatures. We ran it two days ago and it worked great and made good water. We have all the paperwork, manual, cruising kit of extra o rings, cleaner, biocide, filters, etc. It retails new for around $4000.00, we are asking 1500. It is currently installed and you can see it run for yourself, we are onboard in the Long Island Sound, NY.

We have owned our Seawind 30 since 1989, cruised the Caribbean full time year round from 99 to 05 and full time during the summers since then. We are now ready to do some land cruising and our ketch is for sale.
denetteb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:29 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to delatbabel

I am seriously tempted by this. I already have one and it works great, I'd buy it at this price for parts, and also so that the spare components can be broken down and made into a manual watermaker for the ditch / emergency bag.

If you can get any idea of what the shipping cost would be to Australia or New Zealand let me know, that is unless you sell it to someone more local first.

Old 08-23-2013, 11:18 AM   #3
Ensign

I will work on figuring out an estimated size and weight. Can you pm a city country to get a better shipping estimate?
We have owned our Seawind 30 since 1989, cruised the Caribbean full time year round from 99 to 05 and full time during the summers since then. We are now ready to do some land cruising and our ketch is for sale.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:31 AM   #4

I'm currently in Sydney, Australia, although I will be leaving in the next 2 weeks. I doubt it's going to arrive in time before I leave, given that it will probably have to be surface shipped and is likely to spend at least a week going through customs (that's how they are here).

After that I will be in Newcastle, Australia, for about 2 months. Not too far away, however if the shipping method you can best arrange isn't going to guarantee to get it here in that time frame then I will be in Christchurch, New Zealand, until the end of March. That is probably going to be the best destination to send it to if it's going to have to come surface.
Old 08-24-2013, 12:22 PM   #5
Ensign

I will check on shipping prices. This comes with a handle for making water by hand without power. Denette
Old 08-25-2013, 10:48 AM   #6

I assume it also comes with a working motor, correct?
Old 08-25-2013, 11:49 AM   #7
Ensign

Yes, working motor. It is fully functioning, made good water with it earlier this week.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:26 PM   #8
Ensign

I apologize for the delay in getting back to you. We had a local person interested in the watermaker and we weren't able to get together until today. He did decide to buy it so it is no longer available for sale. Thank you for your interest. Denette
Old 09-06-2013, 11:46 PM   #9

Thanks for letting me know, good to hear you sold the watermaker.